Marks on fired brass

What’s leaving these marks on my brass and how do I fix it?
Ruger American 243 Win. It’s a $349 rifle. Original owner. Don’t recall this issue until recently. I’ve tried a bronze brush spun in the neck of the chamber. No dice. Guessing the fix is more than the value of the rifle, aside from a return shipping label from RugerC796817A-FA64-4945-B81B-FFEC09D4ADC8.jpeg

robtattoo

WKR
Could be a slightly mis-timed ejector, causing the case mouth to catch the ejection port on the way out too. I really wouldn't be worried about it. If it was a burr in the chamber, you'd feel a sticky bolt on chambering & ejecting rounds.

bsnedeker

WKR
For what's it's worth, I had a burr in my chamber of my 300 WM after I had case-separation on one of my reloads due to excessive resizing. My gunsmith charged my 75 bucks to polish it out. Not saying you have a burr but I would take it to a smith and see what they have to say.

MrTim

FNG
Look/feel closely on the inside of the front of the ejection port. Looks like your cases are scraping something on the way out. Would be interesting to see what an unfired round looks like after chambering and ejection.

packer58

WKR
Would be interesting to see what an unfired round looks like after chambering and ejection.

Exactly, Clock one of those same cases so that the mark on the neck is 180 deg from the ejection port. Chamber, close the bolt and then eject as normal. Run a few through just to keep it honest, look for an additional mark on the neck. With that mark on the neck i would suspect a bur in the bolt raceway that is scratching the case on the way out.

OP
J
What a dumb ass....I was able to get spun up and quickly make an issue out of nothing. I clocked 3 rounds with a Sharpie and chambered them individually and extracted them slowly and carefully. The marks are caused by some aspect of ejecting from the action. It flings fired brass very well and far from the action. But in doing so, it's hitting the ejection port. Which I care very little about. There is nothing wrong with my chamber.

Thanks for the guidance. After 35 years of reloading and shooting....I don't know it all.