Marmot Helium or Helium w/ membrane?

Just wondering which bag most prefer. I've heard the mekmbrane bag kind of has a sticky feel to it. I don't have any stores close by to see the difference between the two. i'll be using it for an elk hunt in WY this year. Price difference is not the issue just want it to be comfortable but wonder if the membrane lining is better to have with than without.

Lawnboi

WKR
Not really sticky, just a little more of a hardshell type material on the outside of the bag.

Id get the membrane. I went without the membrane on my lithium when I had it and I wish I would have gotten it with the membrane.

I no longer use down bags but I can tell you if I ever end up getting one again, it will have a waterproof outer shell.

Bighorse

WKR
I use the non membrane Helium with a Bivy in SE Alaska. So if your using a Bivy then I'd say go without it. I don't have any experience with the membrane just without it. I do big remote wilderness hunts for elk,deer, sheep, bear, and goat. It's a good lightweight mountain bag.

Having a strong abrasion and snag resistant fabric on the outside would be nice. Thats the compromise with anything light though.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I think the non membrane is better because it is lighter and it breaths better. I've had mine for about 7 years and it still works awesome.