marmot lithium vs kufaru slick bag

B

bearguide

i have a marmot lithium bag ( 850 down 2.225 lb, 0 degree ) sleeping bag, which i love. i use it in all conditions. i try to keep it dry.
the kufaru slick bag ( climashield insulation 2.2 lb, 0 degree ) looks good to me, has anyone tried slick compared marmot or other down bags / does climashield work, hold up good /what about wet

I have a slick 20 on order so really haven't used either but I can't imagine it would make a big enough difference to upgrade one vs the other. In otherwords if I had one I couldn't see getting the other. I'm from Washington so we're talking always wet and everyone I talked too that hikes uses a down with no problems. Maybe get the slick in a different temp rating so you have more varied equipment selection

I can't really see buying one if you already have the other, but to answer your question yes. The Slick works well, and is true to temp rating. I have not had it long enough to see how long it will last compared to down. It will insulate while wet.

I have a Slick bag and a Western Mountaineering Badger. I like both of these bags. I have never had a problem with Down bags. The slick bag is nice in that it can keep you warm when it is wet. The slick bag is pretty light and compressable. After using both I think my WM bag keeps me warmer down past the 15 degree rating. The slick bag close to the rating.

OP
B

bearguide

i guess i will have to try the slick for wet weather