Marmot Plasma

I have this one in 15 degree. I have found it to be true to rating and I have kept warm in lower temps using it and I've been comfortable.

With the lightweight nature and design my only fear would be to make sure it is protected from rips, etc.... It is not really made for durability in the way snags or any major abuse. IMO that would be it's only downfall but if you have it on a ground cover/pad away from snags it performs very well.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Kevin,

What's your height and weight?

I had one, but could hardly get the thing zipped up. My buddy is 6'1" and 185, and he didn't fit in it either. It was a great bag, but not built for wide shoulder/chested guys.....IMO

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Kevin, I'm the same size as you almost. I'm 5'10 180 and I tried that bag out at REI last week and I have no idea how you can do it man. I felt claustrophobic in that bag. The sizing specs look good but getting into it was a different story. Very snug. It would work but definitely wouldn't be my first choice

Kevin, I'm the same size as you almost. I'm 5'10 180 and I tried that bag out at REI last week and I have no idea how you can do it man. I felt claustrophobic in that bag. The sizing specs look good but getting into it was a different story. Very snug. It would work but definitely wouldn't be my first choice

Some folks, find it hard to get comfortable in the more restrictive bags. I think I'm just used to it and I'm trying to get max thermal effciency and all.
If you have a broad frame or are a restless sleeper perhaps consider mummy bags with larger shoulder/hip specs or semirectangular bags for greater comfort as a possible option. Those bags tend to be a bit bulkier and heavier, but perhaps the comfort in roomyness will be the deciding overall factor.

stephen b

WKR
I have a Plasma 30 bag that I picked up at the REI sale this Jan. It does work OK for me ( I am 5'8" and 160/165 lbs., with a bigger chest for my ht. - I wear a size large jacket (43" chest).

These plasma's are on the snug size- but... they are not as snug as my WM Summerlite bag. But there are tradeoffs for light weight bags. I am a side sleeper and I can make these more snug bags work for me. If I was a back sleeper- they would drive me nuts.

Now I wish both bags above were as roomy as my WM Badger, but still weighed what they weigh :D- but you can't have it all.

I really bought the plasma more for my wife or daughter to use and for a back up for me. Plus it was a smoking deal.