Marmot precip /sub $100 shell alternatives

I have had a marmot precip as a lightweight under 100$ shell for the occasional downpour in my pack the last couple of years. Rarely used it but i decided to give it a nikwax treatment and wash per marmots instructions and the inside white lining disintegrated and now when i put it on it looks like i have rly bad dandruff. It could still work but I do like to have a shell for traveling so looks like I need a new shell. I am looking at alternatives like the north face venture 2, kryptek juptier, eddie bauer cloud cap 2. Is there something you would recommend for sub 100 w/ pit zips?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
@bojangles808 I should have asked before, what’s your build? The one I recommended is cut for slender builds. For reference I’m 6’2” 190 and large will fit just right over a mid layer and medium fill puffy. It does move with you really well.

OP
bojangles808
@bojangles808 I should have asked before, what’s your build? The one I recommended is cut for slender builds. For reference I’m 6’2” 190 and large will fit just right over a mid layer and medium fill puffy. It does move with you really well.
I am big boned 6'0 215. Usually get Xl in sitka and kuiu base layers

MattB

WKR
The Cabela's Space Rain is not bad for the money. Not breathable, but packs small and for just staying dry for the occasional downpour it is not bad.