Marmot Tungsten 2p tent. Any good?

I’m looking for a lightweight 2 person tent to take early season elk hunting. I would love a Kuiu, Stone Glacier, etc but they’re really expensive. For the money these Marmots Tungsten ($200) look pretty nice. Anyone have any input on these? Thanks for your help

peez3006

FNG
I bought one a couple of months ago, for my wife and me. It's tight for two people. I don't think I'd want to share it with a buddy. It's well built and a good buy. Great tight 2-man or huge 1-man tent for the money. P.S. mine is the UL version

Don Pezer

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I’m looking for a lightweight 2 person tent to take early season elk hunting. I would love a Kuiu, Stone Glacier, etc but they’re really expensive. For the money these Marmots Tungsten ($200) look pretty nice. Anyone have any input on these? Thanks for your help

I have no experience with that tent but it looks to be on the heavy side. The REI Quarter Dome SL 2 may be worth looking at. I haven't used it either but it's half the weight of the Marmot and only about $350.

slatty

WKR
I slept in a 3 man for a sheep hunt where it snowed a ton. It was very bad for that, we got wet under snow load. It would be fine for an elk hunt without snow. Probably any tent would do.

Any tent with the word "Tungsten" in the name sounds too heavy for my taste!!!

In all seriousness, it's probably a fine 3 season tent, but you could get a Seek Outside Silex, with no stove jack for the same price range.