Marmot Ultra Elite 20/Teton Canvas bags

jikkyo

FNG
I’ve been thinking about updating my sleeping bag systems for a while now. Currently run an older 15° Sierra design 650 fill bag.

I’m looking at buying a Teton canvas bag for use in the wall tent and truck. Then getting a synthetic Marmot Ultra Elite 20° for backpacking. I live in BC for reference so very wet conditions.

Anyone have any experience using these two bags?

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got one of those huge Teton canvas bags, flannel type material on the inside, and rated to 0 I believe. Heavy, but super comfortable. Definitely don’t want to try to backpack with it. Just truck camping. No issues with durability so far. I will tell you though, the colder it is, the longer it takes for your body heat to warm that bag up to a comfortable temp. So consider that if you’re looking at one of the large bags.

OP
jikkyo

jikkyo

FNG
I’ve got one of those huge Teton canvas bags, flannel type material on the inside, and rated to 0 I believe. Heavy, but super comfortable. Definitely don’t want to try to backpack with it. Just truck camping. No issues with durability so far. I will tell you though, the colder it is, the longer it takes for your body heat to warm that bag up to a comfortable temp. So consider that if you’re looking at one of the large bags.

thanks for the info. We will be in a wall tent with a wood stove. So hoping that it won’t be too cold to start

BH260

FNG
I use my regular backpacking bag while in the wall tent, I just put it inside a canvas bedroll, saves me from having more crap I don’t need.