Marsing ID

UP NORTH

WKR
Hello everyone, I'm looking for some insight about the Marsing ID area. I have been offered a job there. Curious about living in the Boise area. I know its one of the fastest growing places in the country so I have concerns of it being expensive to live in the area.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MikeG

Lil-Rokslider
The real estate market is crazy right now. Cash offers on homes well over asking price is the norm. The problem is the pay here sucks, so there is a huge wage gap. Still a great place to live, for now. It was perfect twenty years ago. Marsing is quite a bit cheaper than Boise, but still climbing at alarming rates. Cost of living other than housing is of no real concern.

Gobbler36

WKR
The place is already ruined, if you can swing work I’d look at Eastern Idaho which is still growing but not as much or I’d look to WY which seems to be the last frontier of the lower 48 in terms of not being overrun by land maggots YET

def90

WKR
I was just there this past weekend as a scouting trip to see if it’s a place I could move to.

Great outdoors opportunities, not quite as good as Colorado but pretty close. Great greenbelt trails along the Boise river and you can hike/mtn bike all the way from downtown to Bogus Basin.

Decent downtown, could use some better restaurants and shops to make the Boise downtown more vibrant but I’ve heard it’s much better than it was a few years ago.

Housing, you can still get a decent house for under $250k, Boulder requires about $800k and Denver requires around $500k for something comparable.

People say it’s the liberal shithole of Idaho but in all honesty it’s more right than the majority of the US. As for gun restrictions, there really aren’t any which is a huge plus.

Marsing is where there are many wineries and stuff like that popping up. If you can get in to real estate there right now you will probably double Your money in a few years or even sooner. Marsing is close to Nampa which is the west end of the Boise area as well as the fastest growing area of Boise. Nampa has all of the shopping and so on that any average city around the country has.

For me, coming from the Boulder/Denver area, the Boise area to me is fairly small which makes me hesitant, I’m a big city person, yet because of the opportunity available in real estate I am putting serious thought in to moving there.

Gobbler36

WKR
I was just there this past weekend as a scouting trip to see if it’s a place I could move to.

Great outdoors opportunities, not quite as good as Colorado but pretty close. Great greenbelt trails along the Boise river and you can hike/mtn bike all the way from downtown to Bogus Basin.

Decent downtown, could use some better restaurants and shops to make the Boise downtown more vibrant but I’ve heard it’s much better than it was a few years ago.

Housing, you can still get a decent house for under $250k, Boulder requires about $800k and Denver requires around $500k for something comparable.

People say it’s the liberal shithole of Idaho but in all honesty it’s more right than the majority of the US. As for gun restrictions, there really aren’t any which is a huge plus.

Marsing is where there are many wineries and stuff like that popping up. If you can get in to real estate there right now you will probably double Your money in a few years or even sooner. Marsing is close to Nampa which is the west end of the Boise area as well as the fastest growing area of Boise. Nampa has all of the shopping and so on that any average city around the country has.

For me, coming from the Boulder/Denver area, the Boise area to me is fairly small which makes me hesitant, I’m a big city person, yet because of the opportunity available in real estate I am putting serious thought in to moving there.

Ha don’t know what’ve you been looking at for 250k but I’ve been looking to move for the past 6 mths and anything under 280k has been a dump to get my comparable house now I’ve gotta go spend 350k+ so we just refied

def90

WKR
Ha don’t know what’ve you been looking at for 250k but I’ve been looking to move for the past 6 mths and anything under 280k has been a dump to get my comparable house now I’ve gotta go spend 350k+ so we just refied

This just sold recently, doesn’t look like a dump..

ODB

WKR
I’ve noticed a lot of people move here and act like they are going to bring some sophistication to these backwoods Idahoans. That’s a lot of why Idahoans are tired of people moving here - it’s the attitude, not the fact they are moving here. And what’s very surprising is that many of the people moving here can’t understand the animosity - they are clueless. Just get on the Nextdoor app and watch the hand-wringing martyrdom.

having said that, Marsing ain’t a bedroom community of Boise. It’s a bit of a hike, but it’s close to a lot of outdoor stuff.

as far as houses, it’s easy to pick a house on Zillow, very different to drive through the area and decide whether you actually want to move your family there.

OP
UP NORTH

UP NORTH

WKR
Thanks for everyone contributing their thoughts. I turned down the offer, aiming my sights to moving to area with a little less people. The search continues.

Gobbler36

WKR

Haha 😂 😂 yeah 1100 sq ft for 250k
I bought a 1800sqft for considerably less not very long ago

Mikedlaw

Lil-Rokslider

It's in Nampa and it's 1100 square feet. I wonder what the neighborhood is like? Here is google streetview from 2015.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-28 113927.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-28 113927.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 34

Mtnboy

WKR
Honestly, Boise sucks. It used to be awesome 10-12-15 years ago. That's all gone now.... now it's horrible traffic no matter where you go and the developers have been allowed to put in houses 10x faster than the roads/infrastructure to support it so the traffic is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

I will be out of the Treasure Valley in the next 6 months, wish it wasn't so but this place is ruined. If you are moving to Boise because it's "better", then wherever you are right now must really suck.

Gobbler36

WKR
Honestly, Boise sucks. It used to be awesome 10-12-15 years ago. That's all gone now.... now it's horrible traffic no matter where you go and the developers have been allowed to put in houses 10x faster than the roads/infrastructure to support it so the traffic is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

I will be out of the Treasure Valley in the next 6 months, wish it wasn't so but this place is ruined. If you are moving to Boise because it's "better", then wherever you are right now must really suck.

Hoping I can be gone also but we’ll see
Hard to replace my current income in a place more rural and less populated

ODB

WKR

Funny, 20 years ago guys who were as old as I am right now said the exact same thing.

I don't know of anyplace getting better...

Rwatwood

FNG
Hello everyone, I'm looking for some insight about the Marsing ID area. I have been offered a job there. Curious about living in the Boise area. I know its one of the fastest growing places in the country so I have concerns of it being expensive to live in the area.

Thank you

My sister lives in Marsing, my mom grew up just across the border and I’ve delivered Marsing a few thousand times since I went full time at UPS. My route is Wilder now but depending on the day I still deliver that area a bit.

it’s a good area, still has the “small town feel” for the time being. That entire area is booming with out of starters buying homes and acreage like it’s going out of style. They are known for having good schools. There’s Logan’s for local grocery shopping and a couple bars and burger joints in town.
Overall it is a good area that butts up agains the Owyhee’s and the Snake. If your wanting a bigger town with a bit more to do Homedale is only 8 miles further up 95. You also have Parma, Notus and Greenleaf all in that area as well.

I was wanting to buy a house over that direction but over the last couple years but the market is sky rocketing and isn’t likely to stop. The whole treasure valley is booming, it’s going to change a lot in the next 5-10 years.

Rwatwood

FNG

My dad was a Nampa firefighter for 30 years. In the early 2000’s he moved us to Fruitland to get some distance from that part of the Valley.

it’s insane to see what that area is now compared to what it was when I was in elementary. Meridian had nothing, it was just a downtown and a hospital. All of the freeway from the Idaho center to Eagle road was surrounded by corn fields. Now it’s just houses and more houses.

I’ve been wanting to move but it’s hard to replace my income, and being 26 I still have 25 + years till retirement.

I’m not sure what my plan is, I’m in Weiser now but even here everything is being bought up by out of staters at a rate I can’t compete with. Looks like I’ll be renting for awhile lol

Marsing is a sweet spot if you love high desert and canyons, waterfalls, rattlers, caves, spring wildflowers, coyotes, wild horses, mule deer, raptors, river rafting, ghost towns, waterfowl, sunsets, etc.....not so good for everything else....