Marsupial Backpack Strap Cell Phone Pocket

Venom One

WKR
Anyone else use Marsupial's Backpack Strap cellphone pocket? I bought one last year and it's been an answered prayer for me. My phone gets used a lot (mainly navigation) so I'm constantly getting it out/putting it away. Having it readily available on my chest strap is so convenient. I used to put it in the hip belt pouch, but zipping/unzipping the pouch, plus having to fight for space in the pouch was an annoyance. This pocket from Marsupial has been awesome. It holds the phone securely, is accessible with one hand and mounts easily. Just throwing it out there for anyone looking for a possible phone solution.
1656592466573.png 1656592995382.png

GONHNTN

FNG
I have a pouch on my hip belt. It works alright but this looks like it would be a little easier to quick grab the phone.

OP
V

Venom One

WKR
Maybe not wearing your hip belt high enough? I get it, mine tends to ride lower with lighter loads.

It's not the hip belt per se that's the problem; it's the hip pouches on the hip belt that really do the blocking. Add in the firearm tucked behind the hip pouch and viola, pocket access = no fun.

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
I got one originally to hold a smart water or similar bottle. Worked ok for hiking, terrible for hunting.
Tried the phone in it. It works, but the larger sized iphones are tight fit so it was kind of a pain. End up just keeping it in my pants pocket or bino harness.
I did use it for a 2 way radio last hunt and it was excellent for that.

OP
V

Venom One

WKR
I got one originally to hold a smart water or similar bottle. Worked ok for hiking, terrible for hunting.
Tried the phone in it. It works, but the larger sized iphones are tight fit so it was kind of a pain. End up just keeping it in my pants pocket or bino harness.
I did use it for a 2 way radio last hunt and it was excellent for that.

Yeah, for a larger phone it would be too tight. I have a standard size phone and it's perfect - anything larger would be a hassle.

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
It really is perfect for a 2 way radio if your hunting partners split up. No worry about the thing coming unclipped and it sits real close to my face/ears so I can keep it turned down real low and still hear.