Marsupial Enclosed Harness (2020 model) Vs FHF

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone. Finally going to be upgrading my Kuiu Bino harness. Looking at the FHF and the New Marsupial Fully Enclosed Bino harness. The current binoculars I own are the Swarovski EL 10x42 and it says to use a size small but I’m going to get a medium so I can also use that harness with a set of 12x50s in the future. Does anyone run there Swarovski 10x42 in the size medium Marsupial. Does it swim around too much? Reason I’m looking at these 2 harnesses is I can use them with the Razco Bino Harness Pistol holster rig. They are also both made in America top quality companies. If anyone had any experience with these 2 brands please let me know your honest opinion and experience with their gear. Thanks so much.

CGW05

FNG
Just got my marsupial two days ago and love it. Had been using and hill people gear and it was just to big for bow hunting. Shot all day yesterday with it and was super happy. Material is quiet as are the magnets. I did get use to carrying my release in my chest rig with the HPG so I ordered another rangefinder pouch last night as soon as I got home.

E2Eastman

FNG
I run the FHF and it was exactly what I was looking for. I wanted a harness that was sleek and compact while still having pockets on the side. The FHF is exactly what I was hoping for. I use the side pockets for my wind checker and elk call. There are small sleeves on the front which are perfect for elk diaphragm calls. There is also a front zipper pouch which is where I keep my ear pro. There is a rear slot which I keep my tag in and it would be virtually impossible to lose. A lot of people do not like how the bino pouch flap has to be lifted up to be opened, but that doesnt bother me. Overall, the harness was exactly what I was looking for and would highly recommend it.

I just switched from the FHF to the new enclosed Marsupial. These are my thoughts:
FHF:
- Slightly sleeker
- I like the webbing only harness (no padding)
- Probably the quieter of the two
- Not crazy about the way it hooks shut, not secure enough in my opinion.
- Open sides let a lot of junk in
- Will not work with compact binos, elastic doesn't go tight enough
-RF pouch is nothing to write home about

Marsupial:
- Enclosed sides are great
- Top down lid is nicer
- Really nice harness
- RF holder is very nice
- Inside fleece material is very quiet and soft
- Lid operation is noisier than FHF
- Not as low profile overall as the FHF

Overall I prefer the Maraupial, but I'm probably going to try Adak or Stone Glacier later this year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

LaHunter

WKR
I’ve had an FHF harness for about 8 years. I recently upgraded to the ‘pro’ harness so that I could attach a Razco holster to it. I’ve been very happy with it. It does exactly what is is supposed to do, it is pretty low profile, well designed, and very well made. I have some older Swaro 10x42s and I have the medium size pouch.

TheCougar

WKR
Small is perfect for 10x42s. You’ll probably want to use some foam shims to keep 10x from bouncing around in a medium. Never used FHF, but I used marsupial last year and upgraded to the new version this year. Very pleased so far.

Brendan

WKR
I just got the new Marsupial to try out. Small is perfect for my 10x42 EL. I like it, but be aware that the magnets 100% affect compass readings including the one in your phone if you don't extend your arm away from your body.

cravingame

Lil-Rokslider
I am running the Marsupial with a Razco Holster. You definitely should do the Buckle Delete Kit on the Marsupial (It should come with them but it doesn't). That will raise the entire set up onto your chest which is more comfortable and where it belongs, it also puts the Razco in a better position as well. The Razco holster is OK. It does it's job but I wish the Kydex had been modled to create a solid "click" when my gun is in place. I have been spoiled with awesome custom Kydex holsters and Razco just doesn't quite live up to the lock-up on them. I may try to heat it up and make it fit more snug...but it should have come that way as well.

Jared

FNG
I am running the Marsupial with a Razco Holster. You definitely should do the Buckle Delete Kit on the Marsupial (It should come with them but it doesn't). That will raise the entire set up onto your chest which is more comfortable and where it belongs, it also puts the Razco in a better position as well. The Razco holster is OK. It does it's job but I wish the Kydex had been modled to create a solid "click" when my gun is in place. I have been spoiled with awesome custom Kydex holsters and Razco just doesn't quite live up to the lock-up on them. I may try to heat it up and make it fit more snug...but it should have come that way as well.
Yes it should have.
Yes it should have.