Marsupial fishing pack

ohoopee

WKR
Has anyone had any experience with their fishing pack?

Thank you for your reply.

JonathanT

FNG
I do not, but am interested in responses as well. I use a marsupial gear bino harness and really like it. Very high quaility stuff.

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
I picked one up today. Curious as to whether it causes upper back/neck pain
like some of the others. I have the Bino harness as well but have not used
extensively yet.

I called and asked whether the Bino harness cover would
work on the "fishing pack". Owner replied that it was not. Not an issue
in some of the dryer climes but the weather can be very wet in the Appalachians.

zacattack

WKR
I picked one up today. Curious as to whether it causes upper back/neck pain
like some of the others. I have the Bino harness as well but have not used
extensively yet.

I called and asked whether the Bino harness cover would
work on the "fishing pack". Owner replied that it was not. Not an issue
in some of the dryer climes but the weather can be very wet in the Appalachians.
Have you gotten to use this at all? I’m looking at getting one and was curious as to your thoughts after having it for a few weeks.

vkl

FNG
Wanted to see if anyone has been using one for a while and could give their thoughts on it.

OP
ohoopee

ohoopee

WKR
I used the Marsupial for 3 days exclusively while wading in NC mountains. This was
a light & tight little chest pack. Holds high and tight to the chest and was very comfortable.
The fold out flap held a couple velcro attachedfly pads that I preloaded with flies.
This pack did not have the numerous attachment points that some of the other
chest packs but was easily customizable. Really has plenty of pockets and pouches
for a quick day outing.

Overall, I found this to be a tight and comfy setup and probably my favorite chest pack.
It will not be my backcountry choice. I do prefer to have the weight distributed between
my neck and waist. Chest pack and light backpack did not accomplish this.
I also missed the attachment points on my hip pack for extra dry fly rod
I usually carry. However, I will grab this little pack before I grab my Patagonia
ultralight vest for a quick run to the river.

MBanning

FNG
I use their Little Joey while fly fishing. It has been the perfect size for me. I have a small Wheatly fly box, a couple leaders, tippet, and split shot inside. I have a pin on, lanyard with nippers on the outside and some hemostats clamped on to one of the mounting tabs. This along with a Kifaru Door Gunner for water, lunch, rain gear, etc... has worked out great. I think the Marsupial Fishing Pack is far too bulky for my needs but I'm sure others may need to fill it up.

zacattack

WKR
I used the Marsupial for 3 days exclusively while wading in NC mountains. This was
a light & tight little chest pack. Holds high and tight to the chest and was very comfortable.
The fold out flap held a couple velcro attachedfly pads that I preloaded with flies.
This pack did not have the numerous attachment points that some of the other
chest packs but was easily customizable. Really has plenty of pockets and pouches
for a quick day outing.

Overall, I found this to be a tight and comfy setup and probably my favorite chest pack.
It will not be my backcountry choice. I do prefer to have the weight distributed between
my neck and waist. Chest pack and light backpack did not accomplish this.
I also missed the attachment points on my hip pack for extra dry fly rod
I usually carry. However, I will grab this little pack before I grab my Patagonia
ultralight vest for a quick run to the river.
I picked one up, can’t wait to try it out sometime. Should make a nice little minimalist wading chest pack.