Marsupial Gear and RYO mod

gil_wy

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if anyone is interested but I did a mod to my Marsupial Gear bino harness. While the straps that came with the MG is extremely well built with quality hardware, I found it to be a little “too much” for what I wanted . I love my RYO but wanted more protection my binos that are on the high end (for me). So I started playing around. Simple mod... clip off the buckles (these can be reused if you do it right) and wove the ends of the RYO through the straps on the MG. Holds real snug and works great... definitely lighter and cooler. Just thought I’d share...EA9B82BC-661D-4597-BDC0-64A037690AF4.jpeg311A2FF6-E9B9-474B-BC8C-6756D8BA024D.jpeg

OP
gil_wy

gil_wy

Lil-Rokslider
I first tried it with the buckles on... went for a training hike, shot my bow, etc... so you can at least see if you’re going to like it before you start cutting.

I first tried it with the buckles on... went for a training hike, shot my bow, etc... so you can at least see if you’re going to like it before you start cutting.

I swapped my buckles out with lower profile ladder locks a while ago, so I can take the buckles off, but that's good advice for others!

I bought their buckle delete kit and then replaced all of the buckles, including the lower side ones, as they were far too bulky for my liking as well.
0f555d5e4288641b3210f1bb5114fcb5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ac338

WKR
I did the buckle delete kit as well and like how it allows them to sit a little higher on my chest.

Not sure if anyone is interested but I did a mod to my Marsupial Gear bino harness. While the straps that came with the MG is extremely well built with quality hardware, I found it to be a little “too much” for what I wanted . I love my RYO but wanted more protection my binos that are on the high end (for me). So I started playing around. Simple mod... clip off the buckles (these can be reused if you do it right) and wove the ends of the RYO through the straps on the MG. Holds real snug and works great... definitely lighter and cooler. Just thought I’d share...View attachment 204162View attachment 204163
Does it feel like it has enough support?

Not sure if anyone is interested but I did a mod to my Marsupial Gear bino harness. While the straps that came with the MG is extremely well built with quality hardware, I found it to be a little “too much” for what I wanted . I love my RYO but wanted more protection my binos that are on the high end (for me). So I started playing around. Simple mod... clip off the buckles (these can be reused if you do it right) and wove the ends of the RYO through the straps on the MG. Holds real snug and works great... definitely lighter and cooler. Just thought I’d share...View attachment 204162View attachment 204163
Also how did you get the RYO harness apart to weave through the loops on the MG?

Do you guys have any issue with your binos
Falling out if you bend over? I just want to make sure my binos aren’t going to fall out due to the magnet not being strong enough