Marsupial or kuiu for b2’s

Agross

WKR
I need someone to convince me either way. I’ve searched and read what I can find. I recently picked up some maven b2 9x45s I’ve tried agc and didn’t care for it. Have an fhf for my other binos, but now would prefer enclosed. Not really worried about the magnets so don’t need to wait for the new marsupials. I know the marsupial calls for a medium. Does the large kuiu work for the b2 or would I need the xl. Is there much difference size wise between the medium marsupial and the xl kuiu. I see a lot of marsupials pop up in the classifieds, is there something about them a lot of people don’t care for . Ive read alot of people like the new pro kuiu over the previous model, but also read a few people preferring the old model. I know it comes down to personal preference , but hoping someone can sway me one way or the other. Like to get something I like on the first try.

I'm a kuiu guy but can't speak on their bino holders. I have ran the marsupial for past 3 or 4 seasons with my b2's in them.

I really like the easy access.

Thing feels bulletproof.

A lot of people worry about the magnets making noise but I bow hunt and that has never been an issue. Once you use it for a while, you learn how to do it without making a peep.

It doesn't have a lot of storage but that also keeps it compact. I can fit in a wind checker, tags, paracord, lighter, etc in the limited storage pockets.

Made in USA

CougarBlue

Lil-Rokslider
I've used both. As well as FHF, Outdoor Vision, ACG harnesses and a few others. A lot comes down to personal preference but marsupial gear has been my favorite by far. Just the form factor, details and simplicity of use. KUIU makes a decent harness and the Pro model is infinitely better than the earlier ones. There's no perfect option. All of them have something that isn't totally right. You'll have to think through which features will mean the most to you and which you can live with/without. For me, outward opening, stay open lid, fully enclosed and how accessory pouches connect to the harness were my big concerns. I hate the magnets but I was able to live with them for the other features.

If I were looking today, I wouldn't pick up either unless you're in a crazy rush. Marsupial gear and Aaron Synder at Kifaru have been teasing a soon to be released version with no magnets. If it works they way they show on the demo posts on Instagram, that will be a stellar set up and I'll more than likely switch out to those.

Firehawk

WKR
My buddy runs the Marsupial for his 11x B2 and I run the Kuiu XL for my 9x B2. I really like the Kuiu, but I think the Marsupial allows more options to attach other items. I prefer to keep it trim though and the Kuiu is terrific for that. And it does a good job of protecting my bino in rain and snow.

V-TRAIN

WKR
I have and love the marsupial. The main difference between it and the kuiu are:
The lid folds completely out of the way on the marsupial.
The marsupial uses magnets, which I like better, no noise issues with them.
The back of the harness has a lot less material, which makes it cooler in warmer temps.

I like how the marsupial harness rides really high on your chest without feeling constricting. Their range finder pocket compliments it perfectly as well. Plus a molle strip on the bottom allows you to attach pretty much anything you want underneath

Out of the two, I would take the marsupial. Out of all of the bino harnesses, I like the Oregon Pack Works Binobro Pro. Forward opening, super compact, quiet, made in USA, room for windicator, call and gps (which for me is an old smart phone) and best of all, simple as dirt.

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
I have owned both and the Marsupial is better in every way, in my opinion. Kuiu works good, but after using the Marsupial for a season there is no comparison.

Like others have said. The great news is today there are a lot of very well engineered bino harnesses - it all comes down to personal preferences and how well the features of a particular unit match how an individual hunter will actually use it in the field. Currently using Kuiu Pro - works well for me and really like it. If something comes out that clearly better fits my needs I’d certainly consider it.