Maryland FNG

smccardell

Lil-Rokslider
OK so I haven't been lurking all that much but have tried to steer clear of forums for the last few years because of how unwelcoming some of them have seemed. You all seem to be somewhat decent so I figured I would take the plunge.

Grew up hunting squirrel and deer here in MD. Recently started to get a sika obsession. On a whim put my then 11 yr old in for the KY elk draw when I applied. He drew an either sex, any weapon youth tag. Managed to not screw up on his second shot and took a 5x5 (with paddle tails it was a 6x6 but they were small). Took him this past winter to Meeker, CO for a cow hunt. Didn't turn out like we expected. Barely saw anything and the shot opportunity he did get was a poke for a 12 year old from the east. Looking to go for antelope this coming fall and take him back to CO for another round at a cow, unless he hits the jackpot with any of his draws. Honestly Ive taken his involvement as a scouting opportunity and way to cheaply fill the freezer while providing him with lifetime experiences.

If anyone knows of any promising youth only hunts let me know, we are always game to try something new for him.

oake

Lil-Rokslider
Hello and welcome, I'm a transplant from Kansas currently down in Calvert County

Good luck in the draws this fall

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patw