Mass exodus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people in flux as they reevaluate their living arrangements.

We decamped the NYC suburbs in March in favor of rural PA, where we had a home. We are enrolling kids in school here and planning to figure out the next, long-term move.

of my dozen close friends, 3 hav Meade permanent moves away from NYC - Colorado, Virginia and Florida - and 3 are setting up shop Elsewhere for the Time being - upstate NY, Long Island and Vermont. Some, like us, had been contemplating a relocation for a while. Others are making decisions of preference or necessity.

i am of the view that we will be dealing with this situation for a longtime, well into 2021. I expect when it is all over, a lot will have changed and many, many people will relocate for one reason or another.

Capra

Lil-Rokslider
Having observed many of the things discussed in this thread I have to wonder if the Chinese bug didn't push us 10-15 years into the future with regards to migration and Government failure.

Technology is at a point where I have been saying that the Retail and Office space was dieing. Now we have work from home and people who used to be so deep in the rat race that they could not see are looking around. They realize that they do not want the life they have built and are moving in droves.

In our household we are becoming very concerned that the small amount of wealth we have accumulated will soon be confiscated that coupled with a rapidly diminishing quality of life makes a guy consider many things. Here in CA anything is possible and the bulk of the residents have nothing to loose.

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
Cheapest gas around currently is 3.25.

Filled up today in Wis at $1.99/gal ... that is amazing for our hi-tax state. You guys are paying all that additional tax $$ so that politicians can eliminate gas burning vehicles/lawn mowers/etc.

Shame ...

IdahoElk

WKR
Relocating is fine.........creating the same problems that you are running from in your new location is not. Just please be mindful of your new neighbors. It’s ok if they don’t want what you had.

You're just not "Woke" yet and need to be re educated to see how things ought to be. :)

Been happening in Arizona for years. Saw recently California is losing more people then it’s gaining, mostly going to Texas, Arizona, Idaho and a few others I can’t remember. I’m convinced even the conservatives who leave are so indoctrinated with liberal ideas they don’t even know it. The government is not the solution to problems and contrary to the California ideology, someone doesn’t need to do something about that

Has already happened in NM. We now have the most idiotic governor and state legislature in state history.

Stupid southwest art culture...

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
729d481f199d9b18e57c6578396f0682.gif

For people who understand jokes, and have seen the movie Step Brothers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGDog

WKR
pelosi says cali will secede after Trump wins the POTUS job again......:love:
Hey... cool... then my property value will shoot up... I cash out... and GTFO Dodge and get myself up into some country were hunting is embraced!

TheGDog

WKR
A biggie for those that have retired, or plan to in the near future, CA is a horrible place to retire in. Now that I am 50+ I read a lot of retirement info from AARP 😁
Oh no shizzle! My retirement is gonna suck. With 3 Do-Overs? If I'm lucky, I'll juuuust get the house paid for by time I have to retire. Figure by then the boy can maybe get a loan to do a Renovation, maybe add a second story, in such a way I don't cramp his style for pursuing a mate. Just to give him a leg up on the rest of his life. Meanwhile beat into his head all the ways in which I made choices that could have been better, so he can learn from that. So he can appreciate such a gift, and safeguard it appropriately.

Figure I'm gonna be livin' very thin when that time comes. But that's cool. I've lead a colorful life so no big deal. Besides if we end up staying here, then I'll just ride a bike the 4+ miles to the beach and just fish everyday I imagine.

Recently went max on 401K contribution. Figure 51yo now... so meh... might help get me to where retirement doesn't totally suck by the time it rolls around.

TheGDog

WKR
Biggest thing that just... just... blows my mind to the nth degree... is how soo many metro folks can be soo blind as to go along with and be all like "Yeah!" to stupid a$$ politicians and young dumb lesbo teens with Cuban flags on their jackets talkin' bout they're coming for your AR15's, etc.

People who don't support 2A... and don't "get it".... Sigh... it's a constant battle to be that goodwill ambassador and much needed injection of AFL that they sorely need (Anti-F&cktardian-Logic).

I mean... just the inherent foolish trust in humanity itself that they display... the naivety... it just throws you back that anyone could be that stupid! Not being able to see the line of dominos those choices fall down along and how it would eventually affect them directly, in horribly bad ways.... they just can't see it sometimes!

MattB

WKR
A friend of mine who hates Trump with a passion suggested he almost asked me to borrow a gun because he has such an uneasy feeling about the current political climate. I took great pleasure in telling him he is safe because Newsome and cronies have made lending guns illegal. 😆

Just had a client ask me today, "why is stuff here (driveways, roads, paths, etc.) all gravel? Back home (L.A.), EVERYTHING is made of concrete...."

I was like, "yeah, I know..." :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.