Math is hard...why did this new set up affect the arrow drop so much?

griff

FNG
I have acquired a 2005 Matthews FX bow from my father in law who doesn't use it anymore. His old set up was a bit custom to say the least. He has broke his elbow and had the bow's draw weight toned alarming low. Since, I had it restrung and turned up to 70lbs and have the bow set. Now I'm on to the arrows. Before re-stringing and tuning I had shot some 500 spine arrows with the larger fletching (like these: http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m5DSOLx2r2paqvzeSFQ_M3Q.jpg) and was pretty dead on with the sights as is.
Here's where my brain can't figure out the math: After having the bow turned up to 70lbs and now using the blazer shorter vanes why would the arrows drop like crazy? When I went to go sight-in after all this work done to it and new arrows that I would actually be using (320 spine) I had to shoot about an inch OVER the target using the 50 yard sight just to hit the middle of the target at 20 yards! My mind is telling me with the higher draw and less drag from the shorter vanes the arrows would definitely act different, but not THAT different?

I've gotten it all sighted up for the most part but I was hoping someone with much more archery experience than me (this is the first time I've been shooting a bow) can explain the insane drop. Thanks.

2rocky

WKR
Did you move the Peep? That is probably the big difference when you restrung it.

SDHNTR

WKR
Because the .320 spined arrows are likely much heavier than the .500 spined arrows. They are much stiffer, that generally means thicker walled, and thus, heavier.

chobbs

Lil-Rokslider
Both guys above are right. Peep is probably the reason for the massive change at 20 yds but your new arrows are gonna be a heck of a lot heavier as well.