Mathews 2021 Bow Line-Up

Brendan

WKR
You'd probably get along just as good with the 36 inch Prime Nexus. I think nock travel is a wash between the two companies. Your going to save a good chunk of change going with the Prime as well. Not great strings, but world's better than garbage Zebra. You could also run 80 lbs which would make up for the slightly larger brace.
I'll probably try the Prime Nexus 34, maybe the 36, looks great on paper, but both the Centergy Hybrid and Logic CT5 had tuning issues where the rest had to be WAY out to the left for me. That's after tearing both bows completely down, swapping and shimming limbs, etc. Granted - couldn't shim the cams very much on those bows which has supposedly been changed.

My Triax tuned easy, except for the rest/sight setup.

Tradeoffs...

Reactions: Zac

xFREDx

Lil-Rokslider
My local shop has the Atlas at $1035 for the standard colors (Black, gray, and RT). The other colors would be a $35 up charge.

deertrout

Lil-Rokslider
Im looking to replace my triax due to an on-again off-again shoulder injury. Would like to drop down to 60# so I snuck into my local shop and shot both V3's last week. I thought both of them shot really nice. I liked the weight of the 27, liked the draw cycle and string angle of the 31. Asked how soon they'd be available and the guys said they had no clue, didnt think they would have em until January'ish.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

oake

Lil-Rokslider
Was able to walk in and purchase an Atlas on Tuesday; after about an hour of set-up I was out the door; Lancaster Archery

oake

Lil-Rokslider
So far I’m loving it. Picked it up Tuesday and put a Spott Hogg Hunter 5 pin on it; so my plan is 20, 35, 50, 65 & 80 yard pin. Besides practice doubt I’d ever take an 80 yard shot. But nevertheless after today I’m set at 50 & I’ll stretch it out to 65 & 80 this weekend.

Draw cycle is stiff but settles in nicely. Aiming for me seems better than my Z7 but that may be due to the weight of the Atlas.

But I’ll also say I’m stubborn so even if I hated it I’d find something good about it after dropping the kind of coin they’re getting for them 😁

Phaseolus

WKR
I ordered a V3 31 today. It will be an upgrade over my old golden eagle and probably be thr last bow I ever buy. ( fingers crossed)

cured_ham

WKR
I'll probably try the Prime Nexus 34, maybe the 36, looks great on paper, but both the Centergy Hybrid and Logic CT5 had tuning issues where the rest had to be WAY out to the left for me. That's after tearing both bows completely down, swapping and shimming limbs, etc. Granted - couldn't shim the cams very much on those bows which has supposedly been changed.

My Triax tuned easy, except for the rest/sight setup.

Tradeoffs...
Currently having this issue with my Black 5. Have shimmed and swapped limbs (have a set of 70s and 80s). Love the bow and its a shooter for sure. Its my go to for 3D but it will not tune for me. It'll shoot bullet holes until I touch it.

Brendan

WKR
Currently having this issue with my Black 5. Have shimmed and swapped limbs (have a set of 70s and 80s). Love the bow and its a shooter for sure. Its my go to for 3D but it will not tune for me. It'll shoot bullet holes until I touch it.

If it shoots bullet holes, why touch it? Or are you referring to it'll shoot bullet holes in a hooter shooter, but not when you shoot it? (If so, this is why I think it's worthless to tune in a hooter shooter)

Best you can do is use limb deflections to your advantage, measure shims with a set of calipers and use to your advantage, and then finish tuning by moving the rest and the flexis. Mine eventually ended up pretty normal, but couldn't run the rest straight down the center like I wanted. (If the rest is having to be moved way left to fix a right tear / BH left / bare shaft left, you want cams shimmed right, and weak limbs on the right if I remember right, and then crank in the flex guard all the way)

cured_ham

WKR
That is exactly what I mean. I can even hand it to a couple people at the range and it will tune for them, not all but some.

I can get it to go a 1 1/8 inch of the riser but at that point something is wrong. Whenever this snow storm goes away I plan to move limbs to introduce some cam lean but this thing has been a huge pain. I love the bow but my build and shooting style does not play nice.

Will say that G5's support guys have been awesome. Everytime I call in they give me something new to try.

Brendan

WKR
That is exactly what I mean. I can even hand it to a couple people at the range and it will tune for them, not all but some.

I can get it to go a 1 1/8 inch of the riser but at that point something is wrong. Whenever this snow storm goes away I plan to move limbs to introduce some cam lean but this thing has been a huge pain. I love the bow but my build and shooting style does not play nice.

Will say that G5's support guys have been awesome. Everytime I call in they give me something new to try.

Going from memory: You want the weakest limb top right (highest deflection), next weakest lower right, stiffest top left, last one lower left. That induces as much right lean as possible similar to twisting yokes on a hybrid. Not 100% sure on this, but I may have seen backwards recommendations from G5 in the past which didn't make sense.

Then, measure all your shims and get the cams as far right as possible. Then, crank in the flex guard all the way, then try your rest.

I didn't have a black series, I had the CT5, but should be same idea.

From what I understand this is one of the big reasons Prime made a change with the Nexus series to make them more "shimmable"

cured_ham

WKR
Thats the exact recommendation G5 gave me. Hopefully that fixes it. Once this snow clears out and things open I plan to get in front of a press and tinker till it works.

If the Nexus shims better than the previous series then they have something special. The bows shoot great but both of the ones I have owned just are a pain to tune.