Mathews 2021 Bow Line-Up

Zac

WKR
To be fair Mathews didn't have alot of time to come out with anything "game changing." Then again this is what we are use to. Very small improvements every year. Mostly the consumers are to blame for this. People want crazy advancements when the technology has been maxed out for years.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
To be fair Mathews didn't have alot of time to come out with anything "game changing." Then again this is what we are use to. Very small improvements every year. Mostly the consumers are to blame for this. People want crazy advancements when the technology has been maxed out for years.

All they needed to do was drop the traverse and maybe come out with a vxr 34 with a 32" DL. Would have sold a ton including to me.

oake

Lil-Rokslider
I was pretty eager for the 2021 lineup. Not unlike a lot here kind of find myself a little disappointed with what I’m seeing.

I think for my needs I’ll at least give the Atlas a try and see if it wins me over.

Buffinnut

Lil-Rokslider
I'm one of those long draw guys so the atlas is interesting. Looks like it would be a pricey upgrade though. How much would my traverse go for right now?

Ucsdryder

WKR
Let’s see. Mathews came out with a short, slow, heavy bow. Shocker. Game changer!!!!!

Reactions: Zac

TheTone

WKR
Custom shop.

TRX 34 with switchweight cams. Or whatever they call the VXR cams. The crosscentric isn't bad, but I feel like they draw hard for what they are.

That would be cool to see; do you know for sure if they would build it?

Dooger

FNG
I’m all about having a 34”+ flagship bow too. That said, the risers are so long now that all they’d really do is change the limb angle which would decrease BH.

Last edited:

MAndrews

FNG
Makes me wish even more that I hadn't sold my Traverse and Halon 32 last year. Recently bought a VXR 31 and I don't see anything in the new bows that would make me spend more money. I was hoping for a 33"-34" ATA bow in a normal draw length range. At 28.5" I'm just out of the Atlas range.......

I was pretty eager for the 2021 lineup. Not unlike a lot here kind of find myself a little disappointed with what I’m seeing.

I think for my needs I’ll at least give the Atlas a try and see if it wins me over.
I wouldn’t say it’s disappointing. For some people who buy a new bow every year there’s something there for them. Pragmatically speaking, I don’t see a reason to shell out 1200 bucks over the VXR I have in my garage. The upgrades are minimal at best.

Stalker69

WKR
Makes me wish even more that I hadn't sold my Traverse and Halon 32 last year. Recently bought a VXR 31 and I don't see anything in the new bows that would make me spend more money. I was hoping for a 33"-34" ATA bow in a normal draw length range. At 28.5" I'm just out of the Atlas range.......
Yea I read where a lot of people regret selling their traverse’s now. It’s a shame they dropped them from the line up. I think it was there best bow in the last several years for sure. The TRX is the only mathews bow I would consider buying, but dang they are pricy, for no real reason other then they are classified as a “ target” bow.

Last edited:

Zac

WKR
Their best hunting bow right now is the TRX 34. I'm just not shelling out 1800 for it. The new PSE 33 or 35 or whatever will probably end up crushing the Atlas.

Their best hunting bow right now is the TRX 34. I'm just not shelling out 1800 for it. The new PSE 33 or 35 or whatever will probably end up crushing the Atlas.

Agreed. The TRX 34 probably has all of the negatives (to me) with the recent hunting bows covered. Longer ATA, longer brace, less stiff draw.. but $1850? GTFO.

PennDude

FNG
Selling a Halon 32 for a VXR 🤦‍♂️ I couldn’t tolerate the draw cycle of the VXR when compared to my Halon 32.

TheTone

WKR
Yeah I love the specs on the trx34, the price tag is silly though. For those more familiar with the cams on it how necessary are the little plastic sleeve on the cables near the cams? Is there that much issue with the cams rubbing the cables?

Yeah I love the specs on the trx34, the price tag is silly though. For those more familiar with the cams on it how necessary are the little plastic sleeve on the cables near the cams? Is there that much issue with the cams rubbing the cables?

It's not likely to rub but it's very close.

The target bows always carry that heavy price tag, they need to raise purse money somehow.

Stalker69

WKR
Yes I meant to type ( thought I did) TXR. Edited to correct it, above.