Mathews 2021 Bow Line-Up

CoryCa

FNG
Do shops typically drop the price on the old model if they still have some in stock?

Brendan

WKR
Custom shop.

TRX 34 with switchweight cams. Or whatever they call the VXR cams. The crosscentric isn't bad, but I feel like they draw hard for what they are.

I think I'm interested in just the TRX34. Get the 3 different mods (70v, 75, 80) to play around with holding weight, would be an awesome hunting and 3D rig with 6.5" brace and 334 IBO. Thinking I might be able to rationalize that by selling two bows to fund it, especially if I can find one used.

Still (very surprisingly) love my Triax. Normally a long ATA guy, so never thought I'd say that. I'd be interested in trying the 27", but not until I can get it used.

I think I'm interested in just the TRX34. Get the 3 different mods (70v, 75, 80) to play around with holding weight, would be an awesome hunting and 3D rig with 6.5" brace and 334 IBO. Thinking I might be able to rationalize that by selling two bows to fund it, especially if I can find one used.

Still (very surprisingly) love my Triax. Normally a long ATA guy, so never thought I'd say that. I'd be interested in trying the 27", but not until I can get it used.

I never liked the triax.

The 27 surprised me, I hate a short bow but I could shoot it for hunting.

I really like the 36, I might hunt with it next year. If you found a used 36 it would make a nice hunting bow as well. Just good luck finding one in black or grey, I don't see many. But krylon is cheap.

Haven't shot a 34 yet but can't see it being much different except for the mods, I'm hopeful I could get a 75 to work on my 36. I shoot the 70v well but I'm not a big fan of the feel, especially for hunting.

Brendan

WKR
I never liked the triax.

The 27 surprised me, I hate a short bow but I could shoot it for hunting.

I really like the 36, I might hunt with it next year. If you found a used 36 it would make a nice hunting bow as well. Just good luck finding one in black or grey, I don't see many. But krylon is cheap.

Haven't shot a 34 yet but can't see it being much different except for the mods, I'm hopeful I could get a 75 to work on my 36. I shoot the 70v well but I'm not a big fan of the feel, especially for hunting.

My ideal crossover bow is 34" - 36" ATA, over 330FPS IBO, 60-70#, and I want the ability to adjust holding weight. The Primes this year fit the bill (on paper), and some of the TRX series. I have a 40" TRX7 now that just doesn't get used much (got it used a year or two ago), feel like that should get sent down the road in favor of something shorter. Still primarily using a couple year old RX1 Ultra that has been hard to get rid of.

I don't know what it is about the Triax, I shoot it much better than I'd expected and it gets great speed. But, I did have to set the sight and rest up almost reverse of all my other bows. Both in close to the riser or I got a lot of torque induced horizontal stringing. Even had to get rid of my Hamskea and run a QAD it was noticeable enough.

whats the average wait time if one was to order a vxr or v3 today? Lookin to replace my creed and leaning vxr. Ive read everything from 4 weeks to 16 weeks. Looking for some experienced input.

whats the average wait time if one was to order a vxr or v3 today? Lookin to replace my creed and leaning vxr. Ive read everything from 4 weeks to 16 weeks. Looking for some experienced input.

I was told late February for a Prima. But the bows ordered in advance of the release should show mid December. They have 25 V3's on order from 3 weeks before the release.

I just looked at what I previously posted, they is my local shop. I think I reworded some things and missed that.

Last edited:
Same here. Put a deposit on the V3 31 and was told mid December. They already had it on order.

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
I’m thinking about the 27” for my saddle hunting bow. With my 27.5 draw length I think it’ll work just fine

Zac

WKR
My ideal crossover bow is 34" - 36" ATA, over 330FPS IBO, 60-70#, and I want the ability to adjust holding weight. The Primes this year fit the bill (on paper), and some of the TRX series. I have a 40" TRX7 now that just doesn't get used much (got it used a year or two ago), feel like that should get sent down the road in favor of something shorter. Still primarily using a couple year old RX1 Ultra that has been hard to get rid of.

I don't know what it is about the Triax, I shoot it much better than I'd expected and it gets great speed. But, I did have to set the sight and rest up almost reverse of all my other bows. Both in close to the riser or I got a lot of torque induced horizontal stringing. Even had to get rid of my Hamskea and run a QAD it was noticeable enough.
You'd probably get along just as good with the 36 inch Prime Nexus. I think nock travel is a wash between the two companies. Your going to save a good chunk of change going with the Prime as well. Not great strings, but world's better than garbage Zebra. You could also run 80 lbs which would make up for the slightly larger brace.