Mathews 2021 Bow Line-Up

cravingame

Lil-Rokslider
Tuesday is the day 11/17/2020. Post up any info you guys come across. I have already sold my old bow and am now chompin' at the bit to pick up a new one. Hopefully they do something worth looking at this year. I would love to see a 33" VXR!

1605306424021.png

1605306089141.png
Screenshot_2020-11-17 Mathews Unveils New Bows for 2021 Deer Deer Hunting.png

Last edited:

Zac

WKR
I wouldn't expect anything out of the ordinary. They didn't have any time to really work on anything. A 33 inch VXR would be legit. I think I'm done with Mathews until they ditch the Zebra's. I also think Top Hats and mods are becoming outdated. The rotating module, with adjustable letoffs, and pressless cam leaning and tracking is much more appealing.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
The zebras are sub par in my opinion. As a long draw shooter (31.25") the mod system allows the engineers to smooth out the draw cycle IMO so you have less hump and dump when your maxing out the DL of the bow.

Zac

WKR
The zebras are sub par in my opinion. As a long draw shooter (31.25") the mod system allows the engineers to smooth out the draw cycle IMO so you have less hump and dump when your maxing out the DL of the bow.
Yeah the mods work. I think I'm mostly spiteful due to the strings. Shouldn't even matter because I always replace the strings anyways. More out of principal I guess.

So everyone thinks it will just be a different version of the vxr?
Nothing crazy like a carbon bow or anything??

still have my triax. If it’s a new version of the vxr I will probably hold off.

marktole

WKR
Rumor I heard was a 26” or 28” VXR with a 32” or 34” VXR. 26” ATA bow would be crazy.
Which would not surprise me after the Halon and Halon 32.
But, I’m not exactly sure where the rumor I heard originated from, so it could have just been someone else’s guess.

From what I've gathered by reading forums and social media post is there are 2 new camo finished being introduced. One from First Light, and a new one from Under Armor.

I'm reading from the same sources as everyone else, so its not like I have any real insight.

We'll all find out very soon though.

I've heard talk of two new bows though.

Considering they already have:
VXR 28
Vertix (30)
VXR 31.5

Maybe they will come out with a Switch Weight version of the Traverse.

My guesses (if there are 2 new bows):

1.) 33" ATA Switchweight bow. Called something other than "VXR 33"

2.) Something to replace the Vertix. Since it's been 2 years for the Vertix, perhaps they will introduce something to replace that.

This year may end up like 2018 with various bows in the catalog as the old ones get phased out and new models are introduced.

In 2018 the still had the Halon 32, along with the Halon (30") in a 7" brace height, as well as the Halon X.
They also had the Triax.

They pared down the lineup in 2019.
It looks like 2021 could look similar.

mlgc20

WKR
I’m definitely interested to see what they come out with. I’m still shooting my Triax. The offerings over the last couple of years have only been minor upgrades IMO.

Reactions: Zac
If it’s nothing crazy , I will restrinf triax and keep as a back up and probably grab a vxr 28.

I think I am Alittle over camo bows and would like to go ambush green or black

Zac

WKR
So everyone thinks it will just be a different version of the vxr?
Nothing crazy like a carbon bow or anything??

still have my triax. If it’s a new version of the vxr I will probably hold off.
You will never see a carbon bow for Mathews.

You will never see a carbon bow for Mathews.
I have a feeling you might be right.
The main reason I agree is only because the investment required to produce carbon fiber in the US is extremely high.

It's great that companies like PSE do it, but the market might not support the required retail pricing needed in order to make it a worthwhile investment.

Zac

WKR
I have a feeling you might be right.
The main reason I agree is only because the investment required to produce carbon fiber in the US is extremely high.

It's great that companies like PSE do it, but the market might not support the required retail pricing needed in order to make it a worthwhile investment.
Has nothing to do with prices. Mathews does not believe that carbon is an appropriate medium for a bow riser.

Has nothing to do with prices. Mathews does not believe that carbon is an appropriate medium for a bow riser.
Agreed, there's a reason they have been keeping their bows at or above the 4lb mark for so many years. The 'Dead in the Hand' feel would go out the window in a lighter version.

Zac

WKR
I love Days In The Wild - Big game Hunting podcast | Bow Mechanics and VXR Sneak Peak With Mark Hayes 10.52, let's play it!
If your interested they go over why they do not use carbon in this episode.

agardner00

Lil-Rokslider
Y’all are a bunch of fan-boy weirdos... But someone PM me if the release is at midnight. Been thinking about a 33” VXR...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk