Mathews 2021 Bow Line-Up

The cable guard being center seems like a good idea.

Not crazy about smaller "Slim limbs". Riser is a little more cut out.

The integrate target rest looks pretty nice, pricey.

The Atlas interests me.

Screenshot_20201117-102454.png

TheTone

WKR
Not much new, I came close to buying a vxr but in the end couldn’t justify it. I wonder how much clearance there is for some rests and the roller guard? Watching a video earlier it did look like it may be close with some

Why would they release a 27” and 31” when they just released a 28” and 31.5” last year? Is there anything else different about this year vs last year besides ata, cut outs & roller guard?

Why would they release a 27” and 31” when they just released a 28” and 31.5” last year? Is there anything else different about this year vs last year besides ata, cut outs & roller guard?
A pretty odd lineup with the similar ATA lengths.
The slimmer limbs is an interesting change.

I guess they were trying to smooth out the draw of the VXR.
I don't have any issues with the draw on my VXR, but it seems like many people do, based on some forum posts.

Yeah I’ll be keeping my VXR as well. Some of the stuff is interesting for sure, but nothing is screaming “buy me”.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Man I was really hoping for a longer ata option. The atlas isnt doing it for me. V3 is interesting but I dont feel like dropping 1200 and waiting for who knows how long. Also I dont fit in the damn V3 with a 31.25" draw length. Looks like the traverse and VXR are staying.

Feel like mathews took a swing at 2021 and wiffed it.

fatlander

WKR
I shot the 31 today.

Set at 29” 70# 85% let off

I wasn’t super impressed. With no stabilizer or sight, it wants to lean back towards the shooter which means it should balance out well with front weight and a sight. There is a pretty significant hump at the end of the draw cycle, too significant for the speed it puts out IMHO. It’s just as dead in the head as my triax was. Zebra strings are still trash from the factory. I can’t believe the price tag on that bow with the threads that were on it.

Final thoughts: It’s a VXR. If you want a 31” bow that holds really well and has switch weight technology, get a VXR for significantly less money. If you must have the new first lite camo, a roller guard with a neat badge on it, and an updated nose job; get the V3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I’ll be keeping my VXR as well. Some of the stuff is interesting for sure, but nothing is screaming “buy me”.
True. I have a VXR 31.5, so the new V3 31 doesn't show enough difference for me to get one.
I'm not saying that I won't buy one, just that there really isn't a substantial difference.

I noticed that it did drop a little bit of weight though.

I'm undecided on what I'm going to spend my money on this year. I recently sold my Traverse and am looking for another bow to complement my VXR. I'm just not sure what will get me to open my wallet.

I don't want anything longer than 33". Some areas I hunt are just too tight for me to want a longer bow than the Traverse I had.
I've owned a couple of Halon 6's and was OK with the string angle/nose contact with that bow.

From having owned those 30" bows, I don't think I want to go shorter than a 30" ATA.
I'm a little over a 28 1/2" draw length.

Back to the current lineup: Not including the Atlas, since that draw length range isn't for me. They named that bow model accurately. LOL.
V3-27
VXR 28
V3-31
VXR 31.5 (which I already own)

Among those, I'm not sure if I'll buy any of those. Maybe I'll search for a used Vertix (30")

Mathews has a pretty cluttered lineup for 2021. That'll happen occasionally as they transition from one product range into another.

They'll certainly dump the VXR 28 and 31.5 models next year. Perhaps they will bring in a V3-33 next year.