Mathews 2021 V3 Review

tlav21

FNG
I've been a hoyt guy my whole life and had every intention of switching to Mathews for this season. Although the v3 seemed quieter, the hoyt still had a smoother drawback which was worth more to me...

Tmdtexan

Lil-Rokslider
I sold my vxr 28 to get a longer ata bow and went ahead with the v3 31.
Both bows are awesome but at my 30” draw the curve feels smoother on the v3 31

I've shot and owned many bows during my lifetime. I shot the v3 27 a couple months ago and fell in love with it. Hands down the best bow I've ever had in my hand. Had to have one. This maybe the last bow I'll ever own.

cnred

FNG
Great review. Just got mine a week or so ago. Really love the feel of the bow, but one question for other owners: The inside of the riser and string covers the right portion of my sight housing. It seems distracting and I'm wondering if I went to something that had a longer sight distance from the riser to the housing if that would be improved? Or is it simply a matthews thing and I just need to get used to it? Current sight is a Tommy.

Great review. Just got mine a week or so ago. Really love the feel of the bow, but one question for other owners: The inside of the riser and string covers the right portion of my sight housing. It seems distracting and I'm wondering if I went to something that had a longer sight distance from the riser to the housing if that would be improved? Or is it simply a matthews thing and I just need to get used to it? Current sight is a Tommy.

That's not uncommon. Same thing is happening with the Hoyt. Just make sure your centershot is correct.

I don't notice it. It drives some people batty apparently.

cnred

FNG
That's not uncommon. Same thing is happening with the Hoyt. Just make sure your centershot is correct.

I don't notice it. It drives some people batty apparently.
Thanks--I've shot a couple hundred more since reading your response and I'm noticing it less and less..

feldy0725

FNG
Ok gang, here it is. Review will go live soon. Comments, questions, and thoughts are welcome below!
Mind if I ask, what sling is that you have on your rig? I am pumped, my wife actually just got this same Bow for me this weekend for my birthday..

TheTone

WKR
Finally broke down and shot one today, draw seemed smoother than what I remember the VXR having and holy cow quiet! Anyone having issues with fletching and/or restclearance with the roller guard? The shop mentioned they have had issues with both, but it’s also a shop I don’t completely trust

feldy0725

FNG
Finally broke down and shot one today, draw seemed smoother than what I remember the VXR having and holy cow quiet! Anyone having issues with fletching and/or restclearance with the roller guard? The shop mentioned they have had issues with both, but it’s also a shop I don’t completely trust
None here yet, but I have only put maybe 50 arrows thru it

In all likelihood the draw weight will be higher than the mod. I have the 60 and 70 on my VXR 28 and the 60 draws at 64 with the limbs maxed out and the 70 draws 74.8 with the limbs maxed. I'm going to hazard a guess that the 75# mod will draw close to 80.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mind if I ask, what sling is that you have on your rig? I am pumped, my wife actually just got this same Bow for me this weekend for my birthday..

It’s a Jak’t gear sling maxed for the SCS system. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk