Mathews arrow web vs Tight Spot quiver?

Ccoggin

FNG
I just picked up my new Mathews VXR 31.5 and have narrowed my quiver search down to either the Mathews arrow web 6 arrow or the Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver. Any suggestions or experiences on these would be great. If it helps the hunting I plan on doing will be Elk hunting in Sept and mule deer hunting in January both in NM. In an ideal scenario I would prefer to shoot with my quiver off so I like the easy removal of both of these.

We used to say that quiver was the best thing Mathews ever made.

Fast forward a few years and now I'm shooting a TRX 36.

I prefer a longer quiver like the tight spot, I don't like a bunch of the arrow hanging below the grippers. Plenty of adjustment from the tight spot if you really want to bring it into your bow. I don't remove my quiver to shoot, it mostly stays on my bow except when transporting. Case I use on the UTV doesn't work well with a quiver so it helps with that.

If using micro diameter arrows you can adjust the tight spot to hold them as well. I believe you can fit larger broadheads in the tight spot but not 100% certain on that.

OP
C

Ccoggin

FNG
We used to say that quiver was the best thing Mathews ever made.

Fast forward a few years and now I'm shooting a TRX 36.

I prefer a longer quiver like the tight spot, I don't like a bunch of the arrow hanging below the grippers. Plenty of adjustment from the tight spot if you really want to bring it into your bow. I don't remove my quiver to shoot, it mostly stays on my bow except when transporting. Case I use on the UTV doesn't work well with a quiver so it helps with that.

If using micro diameter arrows you can adjust the tight spot to hold them as well. I believe you can fit larger broadheads in the tight spot but not 100% certain on that.
I didn't think about the diameter adjustment, that is a plus for sure as i'm shooting the 5mm FMJ. Thanks for the info.

marktole

WKR
Between the two you mentioned, I’d go for the tight spot. Had a VXR 31.5 and used both on it. I felt like the claw mount for the Arrow Web quiver and the quiver itself added too much weight to the top of the bow. Made it too top heavy for my personal preference.

Then I tried the 2 piece Q-Lite quiver and it was easily better than both the tight spot and the Arrow web in my opinion. I know it doesn’t come off like you said you wanted, but that thing is so darn light I hardly ever noticed it. Had no problem shooting with it on.

Sammymusi

WKR
Had a triax with matthews 4 arrow ..loved it .. going on elk hunt September montana decided to go with vxr.. went with tight spot for the elk hunting reason.. its for sure longer but I think thats the best option.. plus s and s archery is awesome to deal with

Had the mathews quiver on my halon 5. I've switched to the tightspot and wont go back. Its a better quiver for me. More adjustments, longer, tighter.

Catahoula

WKR
Have the Mathews 4 arrow on my Halon 32 and a Tight Spot 5 on my Chill R. I like both no different really. But, yes, there is adjustability on the Tight Spot....

87TT

WKR
TightSpot 7 arrow. Two grouse arrows plus five broadheads. Sanme basic size and weight and if you don't want or need seven just use it like a five.

OP
C

Ccoggin

FNG
Thanks alot for all input. Looks like I'll be looking for a tight spot. I did find a place that was offering 15% off on them, now I just got to remember where that was. Lol

Stalker69

WKR
Mathews quiver by a long shot, I will never own another quiver that mounts to my sight housing. ( and yes it was a tite spot, never again). I would suggest you check out tree limb quivers also, very light weight and compact like the mathews. They have an adjustable riser mount that allows you to get it as close to the riser as possible. They have all the same camo patterns and solid colors ( I believe), they look like a part of the bow not an after market add on, very secure, no moving parts, dead quite, no epoxy to come undone, the one piece is easy to remove, and they make a two piece. Actually they are better then the mathews quiver even, imo. May have posted this to late I see ! Camo fire had the tite spots for 95.00 I think I was the other day, if that’s the way you decide to go. Good luck !

Last edited:
OP
C

Ccoggin

FNG
Mathews quiver by a long shot, I will never own another quiver that mounts to my sight housing. ( and yes it was a tite spot, never again). I would suggest you check out tree limb quivers also, very light weight and compact like the mathews. They have an adjustable riser mount that allows you to get it as close to the riser as possible. They have all the same camo patterns and solid colors ( I believe), they look like a part of the bow not an after market add on, very secure, no moving parts, dead quite, the one piece is easy to remove, and they make a two piece. Actually they are better then the mathews quiver even, imo. May have posted this to late I see ! Camo fire had the tite spots for 95.00 I think I was the other day, if that’s the way you decide to go. Good luck !
I will definitely check those out as well.