Mathews Atlas with Hamskea Epsilon fletching contact

OP
Mi_fiveo

Mi_fiveo

WKR
Agree, I run the arrow centered on the berger hole and don’t have any high or low tears. Just a left tear that I fixed with top hat tuning. The older Mathews bows used to tune well at 1/8” nock high. So far, after cranking that rope down tighter and lowering the launcher tension, the fletching contact seems to be gone. Shot a few times through paper and still getting bullet holes. So far so good.

bigW

Lil-Rokslider
...so you get bullet holes with and without fletching contact? ....now that is what I call a forgiving bow :ROFLMAO::cool:😁

OP
Mi_fiveo

Mi_fiveo

WKR
Wanted to post an update for anyone who finds this post later. I had to mount the cord 5” from the limb tip and really pull on it to take out the slack in the thicker d loop cord and get it to set into the dampener. I set the launcher arm tension back to factory settings. Tested it out for 20 shots and haven’t had any more fletching contact. That chapstick trick works nicely. Now I can remove the piece of electrical tape and install the limb pad to keep the cord from moving. Had to post another bullet hole picture, because why not 😆

Attachments

• 7D2DAB52-5BD2-4E2B-8FEA-2F309E4FF2A5.jpeg
    7D2DAB52-5BD2-4E2B-8FEA-2F309E4FF2A5.jpeg
    359 KB · Views: 44
  • 9A5DC885-2E1C-4BD3-B5A8-E176F5036FBB.jpeg
    9A5DC885-2E1C-4BD3-B5A8-E176F5036FBB.jpeg
    287.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 75015C11-8C8B-41B3-9B80-73A45C522125.jpeg
    75015C11-8C8B-41B3-9B80-73A45C522125.jpeg
    644 KB · Views: 44

devinhal

FNG
Sorry that I hadn't seen this earlier. I would have to guess that the cord tension was the cause of the issue. if the cord isn't tight holding the launcher in the down position, it could allow the launcher to "flutter" or lift as the arrow passes causing the contact. When I set up my rests, I tie the cord to the limb and then pull heavily on the cord to fully seat it in the Rebound Dampener. When putting the final tension on the cord, pull tension until the launcher is sitting all the way down, then add enough tension to pull the cord an additional 1/8". This will ensure that the Rebound Dampener will have the tension to minimize/eliminate any launcher flutter.

On the newer Mathews bows to include the Atlas, I would look at attaching the activation cord at about 2-3" from the limb tip.

Last edited:

Wyobull

FNG
With the new Mathews, you are best to put the loop centered between the axles.
Yes this!
When you think you have the cord tight enough pull on it a little bit more, shoot a few and do it again, I have had a couple that loosening the spring tension on the launcher cleaned up the problem.

I'm about to tie a knot on the cable cord with serving string. mine keeps creeping back up so I'm not sure if the string is pulling back through

devinhal

FNG
I'm about to tie a knot on the cable cord with serving string. mine keeps creeping back up so I'm not sure if the string is pulling back through
Mark the cord on both sides of the cord clamp with a silver sharpie. This will make it very evident if the cord is pulling through the cord clamp. If it isn't pulling through the cord clamp, then the cord might just be seating in the Rebound Dampener. After I tie the cord to the limb, I like to wrap the other end of the cord around a screwdriver and pull on it pretty tight to help seat the cord in the Rebound Dampener. This gets me shooting a little sooner without any issue.

Ches

FNG
Sounds like you found your problem. If it comes back, try adding a washer at a time to your up launcher adjustment screw and then to the down if not horizontal or if you have room left to your shelf. Of course, adjust rest body down after.

Mark the cord on both sides of the cord clamp with a silver sharpie. This will make it very evident if the cord is pulling through the cord clamp. If it isn't pulling through the cord clamp, then the cord might just be seating in the Rebound Dampener. After I tie the cord to the limb, I like to wrap the other end of the cord around a screwdriver and pull on it pretty tight to help seat the cord in the Rebound Dampener. This gets me shooting a little sooner without any issue.
I pulled the cord through rebound damper fairly hard and this seems to have fixed the problem