mathews conquest pro

lubbockdave

Lil-Rokslider
been thinking about ditching my cross bow and going back to a compound bow-i have a line on a mathews conquest pro, but that thing is at least 20 years old-looks to be in great shape, but still 20 years is 20 years. I hunted about 7 years with a similar set up but drifted to the cross bow, but it just isn't the same. anyway, if not this one, then what would you suggest for someone coming back into the compound bow world?

Something that fits you.

If it's going to be an older bow, I'd say stick to Mathews and Hoyt, more on the M side. I have a buddy that just had to replace a 2010 Bowtech because they are out of parts for it. Mathews still has and will make parts for all their bows.

I think all the modern bows are good, it's going to be a lot of personal preference, I'd also look for a good shop, and get a brand they carry. Having a bow that you don't know how to, or don't have the tools to work on is going to be pretty worthless without someone to help you out.

The Conquest Pro is long and slow compared to today's hunting bows. But if it's cheap and tickles your fancy, go for it.

I would echo Billy Goat's advice to find a good shop and stick with a brand they carry and are familiar with. I've heard good things about Korbin's Archery (assuming your screen name is indicative of where you live).

KitsapDan

FNG
I got a Conquest set up for 31.5 DL if that interests you. I think the pro is an older model of mine. It’s LH draw.

Keep in mind you’ll have to find mods for whatever you buy. Them come up on flea bay & Archery Talk but not always the ones you need.

OP
L

lubbockdave

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate the replies-I think I am going to be patient and just roll with the cross bow one more year then start sniffing around for a compound bow early next year