Mathews limb splinter

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
So I was having a tuning issue with a Mathews chill, I went to a different shop to see what they could do (an hour drive). The drive wasnt a big issue because my hunting property is halfway so it was an excuse to go by and check it out. As the tech was looking it over and he is part time and only been a year we noticed a splinter on the limb. He said I should order new limbs and not shoot it and then tried talking me into a new bow. My question is what would you guys do? I have read mixed opinions on the web, some say clip it off and seal with clear glue and others say not to shoot it. Needless to say the tech didnt go any farther on tuning. I have included a picture of the splinter.

Attachments

• 20190818_004700.jpg
    20190818_004700.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 92

JLH208

WKR
It will bother you, I’d order new limbs if I wanted to keep the bow. My limb replacement didn’t cost me anything, I had the service done where I purchased the bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usmcling

FNG
Same happened to my hoyt. I would get new limbs but they dont have any available for the bow i have so i get the opportunity of buying a new bow..