Mathews limb warranty

PAhntr91

WKR
Broke a limb on my bow over the weekend. Just got word that it will be covered under warranty. But there was no time frame on when they’ll be in to the shop. Or weather Mathews actually had them in stock. Just worried I won’t have them in time. By the way I’m shooting a helim. Any one have a similar issue in the past? It’s my only bow so kinda sucks not being able to shoot right now. Don’t really have the cash to upgrade right now. Or else I’d be in there right now shooting new bows. Still waiting on the damn tax refund! What would you guys do ?

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
Man if guys weren’t trying to sell 9 year old bows for the same price you could get a used vxr or halon for…
They aren’t pretty but ZMAX, MQ1 and Black Max are all in that $100-200 range. I bought a ZMAX for $95 as a back up bow to my V3.

You will likely have it in ten days.

They should have those limbs sitting ready to ship, I'd expect it will be end of the week actually. Warranty claims I have seen have been quick.

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t know about current times, but a couple years ago a mate cracked a limb on a no cam and replacement limb was delivered in Australia in under a week. Exceptional service.

If you get in dire straits, I'd lend you a limb off my Heli-m. It's my backup bow, and I don't foresee needing it anytime soon. Mine is left-handed, but as far as i can tell the limb design is symmetrical and would work on a right-handed bow.

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
If you get in dire straits, I'd lend you a limb off my Heli-m. It's my backup bow, and I don't foresee needing it anytime soon. Mine is left-handed, but as far as i can tell the limb design is symmetrical and would work on a right-handed bow.
Cool man. That’s real awesome of you. Let’s hope it will be here this week. Just hate getting vague answers.

Limb deflection needs to be reversed lh/rh. Otherwise same.

Great offer.

Meaning you would move the top limb to the bottom position and vice versa if you were to transfer a set of limbs from a LH to RH bow? Just curious.

Now you are confusing me. If it's a top hat bow, yes, you would need to take a top limb to the bottom because of the recess for the washer. If it's simply a c-clip axle it shouldn't matter. Just put the stiffer deflection opposite the cable guard.

Bows should come from the factory with the stiffer deflection on the far side from the cables. Helps to counter the cable pull.

Now thinking about it, I don't think top hat changes the limbs. I thought they had a shoulder, but now convinced myself they are 1/4" thru.

Last edited:
Now you are confusing me. If it's a top hat bow, yes, you would need to take a top limb to the bottom because of the recess for the washer. If it's simply a c-clip axle it shouldn't matter. Just put the stiffer deflection opposite the cable guard.

Bows should come from the factory with the stiffer deflection on the far side from the cables. Helps to counter the cable pull.
The Heli-m has solid limbs. I assume what you're saying is applicable to split limb bows?
IMG_20210803_212753367.jpg

The Heli-m has solid limbs. I assume what you're saying is applicable to split limb bows?
View attachment 313440

Yes. That's correct.

I was thinking the helim was same as the halon.

Generally heavier deflection on the top limb(s) so should stick with bottom limb for bottom limb.

Sorry for the confusion, I thought the helim was a split limb bow. Guess I should look things up to confirm before I speak.

Yes. That's correct.

I was thinking the helim was same as the halon.

Generally heavier deflection on the top limb(s) so should stick with bottom limb for bottom limb.

Sorry for the confusion, I thought the helim was a split limb bow. Guess I should look things up to confirm before I speak.
No worries. I believe the Heli-m was the last solid limb model Mathews made before switching to split limbs.

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
Ok so got the bow back on Friday. Shot it Friday at 30 shot the same. Went to a 3D shoot today. I didn’t recheck the poundage and it was about 3 lbs off when I checked it when I got home but other than that shot fine.. just noticed that the dude put the limb on upside down!? I guess I should take it back in? I’m assuming it’s designed to be put in one way… this is why I like doing things myself. Can’t trust no one.

Ok so got the bow back on Friday. Shot it Friday at 30 shot the same. Went to a 3D shoot today. I didn’t recheck the poundage and it was about 3 lbs off when I checked it when I got home but other than that shot fine.. just noticed that the dude put the limb on upside down!? I guess I should take it back in? I’m assuming it’s designed to be put in one way… this is why I like doing things myself. Can’t trust no one.
3 lbs off isn't a big deal. Cable twists can be used to fine tune draw weight. I would definitely want the limbs installed the correct way through. The flat sides of the limbs should be on the outside, and the sides with the "hump" should be on the inside facing each other.
2012_mathews_z7_vs_heli-m_kindlephoto-105173628.jpg

OP
P

PAhntr91

WKR
Yeah I agree I backed it off once I got home. Half at turn. Shooting the same on sight tape. Yeah know it’s bothering me. I’m just the guy who needs to do things him self. Just not sure if I should order a bow master or similar press and do it myself.. just irritates me.

I'd just go back and point out their screw up.

That's pretty damn bad. I wouldn't let them do much to it, but make them change it back out while you wait.