Mathews Low Pro Dampners

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
9835DD1B-5E79-4369-BF6B-2E5F3662BFA6.jpeg

Has anyone used these on a Vertix or newer? If so did it even make a difference?

OP
Kularrow

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
Wouldn’t use them, the chances of them helping with anything like hunting, speed or accuracy are zero.
Insightful analysis considering Hoyt, Prime, Elite and Bowtech come factory with limb dampners. Mathews feels so strongly about limb dampening they built the dampners right into the limbs.

OutdoorAg

WKR
Mathews feels so strongly about limb dampening they built the dampners right into the limbs.

This is true.

The Phase4 is basically a way to build in limb dampening!

@Kularrow what's your take on them? I was interested in them purely from a sound deadening stand point. My Halon is a bit noisy, and I've been chasing the noise unsuccessfully. Was looking into the limp dampening as something to try. Would love to hear what you think about these. They look great, but did they do much for you?

OP
Kularrow

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
This is true.

The Phase4 is basically a way to build in limb dampening!

@Kularrow what's your take on them? I was interested in them purely from a sound deadening stand point. My Halon is a bit noisy, and I've been chasing the noise unsuccessfully. Was looking into the limp dampening as something to try. Would love to hear what you think about these. They look great, but did they do much for you?
I’m waiting on my Pine Ridge wishbones to arrive. Once they do, I’m going to have my wife listen to the bow as I shoot.

1. Bare No dampners No string silencers
2. Just dampners
3. String silencers and dampners

I will update you guys to see what I find out.

OP
Kularrow

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve shot these dampners the last three days at 30 yards and I believe they do reduce the shot noise. I was shooting my V3 with no string silencers on my gas strings and it’s the most noisy my bow has been. I added wishbones in addition to these dampners and my shot noise is considerably less from a user perspective. My impact area at 30 yards did not deviate so I’m assuming it these changes had minimal affect on velocity. I shoot a 5MM FMJ 525 grain from a tree stand at 40 yards in only whitetail so I’m more concerned with noise reduction than arrow speed. I only paid $40 for these and considering every manufacturer has some form of limb dampners on every flag ship bow, I say it’s worth a try.