Mathews phase4 29&33

A lot of build up for nothing. Same bow as the v3x but the limbs are split with rubber. The v3x is already dead in the hand and quiet, so they are attempting to solve a problem that isn’t there probably just for the sake of releasing Something new. Rubber bands and a price increase, glad I got my v3x at a discount

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
Currently shooting a Triax, have been planning on getting something with a longer ATA. Almost bought a V3X 33 in Sept but decided to hold out until the new bows got released. I'll be curious to shoot the Phase4 33 but I'm not thrilled with the idea of buying a whole different set of stabs/accessories. We'll see how big of a difference there is.

TheTone

WKR
I’ll go shoot one at a shop but I’m fairly underwhelmed. The stabilizer and disconnect seem like a solution to a problem I’ve never heard of

I’m really hoping the potential deal I’ve been working on a used v3x 33 comes through

Currently shooting a Triax, have been planning on getting something with a longer ATA. Almost bought a V3X 33 in Sept but decided to hold out until the new bows got released. I'll be curious to shoot the Phase4 33 but I'm not thrilled with the idea of buying a whole different set of stabs/accessories. We'll see how big of a difference there is.

Don't need to buy anything different. It still accepts everything like other bows.

CB4

WKR
If its not broke dont fix it. Also people need to realize how much they are maximizing their profits now as they have had to change their machining and tooling very little in 4 years. GM and Ford don't come out with a completely new truck every year for a reason.

I'm curious about the durability of the limb dampeners. Will they crack, flake, wear out etc. before you would typically have a bow/limb show signs of aging? If so, will it effect resale of these new Phase 4 bows?

jmez

WKR
How does anything rubber hold up to the elements? That said, if it doesn't cause major tuning headaches all companies will be doing this within a couple years.

Interested to see how it tunes. Not sure split split limbs will be consistent.

Screenshot_20221115-112056_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221115-112625_Gallery.jpg

For those curious about how the dampners were actually in the limbs.

I can see the durability being a concern, but Matthew's has stood behind their products better than most any other bow company, so at least for someone purchasing new, I wouldn't worry too much.

TheTone

WKR
View attachment 475075
View attachment 475077

For those curious about how the dampners were actually in the limbs.

I can see the durability being a concern, but Matthew's has stood behind their products better than most any other bow company, so at least for someone purchasing new, I wouldn't worry too much.
I’d wonder if it won’t be a maintenance thing to pull them apart and clean out dust and debris

Hopefully it’s a durable rubber as I’m sure just about everyone has seen a rubber accessory melt down due to heat, chemicals, etc

Pramo

WKR
I shoot a Vxr 31.5 and a V3x 33 so I like Mathews, with that said the extra limbs seem like a bad idea more moving parts and solving a problem that didn't exist. The stabs are cool but way to expensive for little to no gain but I'm sure there will be after market coming. I did think bridge lock was great for bow balance on the v3x

I’d wonder if it won’t be a maintenance thing to pull them apart and clean out dust and debris

Hopefully it’s a durable rubber as I’m sure just about everyone has seen a rubber accessory melt down due to heat, chemicals, etc

They are tight enough I don't see stuff getting in there. I think they will be a pia to replace limbs if they don't send them already assembled.

3forks

WKR
I keep seeing the price of the stabilizers mentioned, but haven’t seen a price.

Anyone have what a front, back bar, and disconnect is going to cost?

3forks

WKR
Gracias.

~$700 bucks for the front, back bar, and disconnect is certainly up there but comparable to what tournament guys are paying for bars.

The bridgelock system is like batteries for cordless tools. The tool itself isn’t too expensive, but when you invest in a few batteries for that brand of tool, it makes it tough to justify the expense of moving to another brand.