Mathews tech guru? Betcha cant answer this...

WakePraySlay

Lil-Rokslider
Wud up Fam! Good time for a first post :cool:

Alright you know it alls, I got a question that I need help with please.

I have a 2010 Mathews Z7 which is still my favorite shooting bow even with all the new tech out these days. I know that Mathews did a VERY limited short run of 75# limbs for the Z7. I was fortunate to locate and purchase a set from a nice guy in Australia. After a complete tear down of my bow and putting the new limbs on I decided to just replace as much as I could. Including new string, cable, blah blah blah. The works!

SOOOOOO with that said here is my question.

Specs call for a 30” Axel to Axel for the 60-70lb limbs. Since I have 75# limbs now should my Axel to Axel change or should I just keep it at 30”? I can barely find any information about the short run of the 75# limbs let alone specs about them. I really don’t wanna call Mathews up and thought I’d pick the brains of my fellow comrades!

Thank you all in advance (y)

Wud up Fam! Good time for a first post :cool:

Alright you know it alls, I got a question that I need help with please.

I have a 2010 Mathews Z7 which is still my favorite shooting bow even with all the new tech out these days. I know that Mathews did a VERY limited short run of 75# limbs for the Z7. I was fortunate to locate and purchase a set from a nice guy in Australia. After a complete tear down of my bow and putting the new limbs on I decided to just replace as much as I could. Including new string, cable, blah blah blah. The works!

SOOOOOO with that said here is my question.

Specs call for a 30” Axel to Axel for the 60-70lb limbs. Since I have 75# limbs now should my Axel to Axel change or should I just keep it at 30”? I can barely find any information about the short run of the 75# limbs let alone specs about them. I really don’t wanna call Mathews up and thought I’d pick the brains of my fellow comrades!

Thank you all in advance (y)
Your specs should stay the same. The #75 limbs should have a higher deflection number which means they are harder to bend therefore increasing the draw weight.

My question is, why do you ask? Is there an issue with your specs or draw weight?

By the way, I think #75 is a perfect draw weight for me. I have a Pro Defiant 34 with #75 limbs and love it!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

OP
WakePraySlay

WakePraySlay

Lil-Rokslider
Your specs should stay the same. The #75 limbs should have a higher deflection number which means they are harder to bend therefore increasing the draw weight.

My question is, why do you ask? Is there an issue with your specs or draw weight?

By the way, I think #75 is a perfect draw weight for me. I have a Pro Defiant 34 with #75 limbs and love it!

Hey thank you! Makes sense now! And nothing wrong with any specs. Just thought I’d check whilst putting on a new string.

And I’m stoked to be pulling a little more weight. Maybe a little more than 75 maxed :oops: Are you slinging 300 arrows out of your Defiant?

Hey thank you! Makes sense now! And nothing wrong with any specs. Just thought I’d check whilst putting on a new string.

And I’m stoked to be pulling a little more weight. Maybe a little more than 75 maxed :oops: Are you slinging 300 arrows out of your Defiant?
Yeah, right now 452 grain Easton Axis 5mm 300 spine with standard aluminum HIT insert and 100 grain head. Tuned just fine. I have run 260 spine for a little bit more weight up front. I have a 29inch draw so I can get away with either spine depending on how long I cut my arrows and how much FOC I have.

OP
WakePraySlay

WakePraySlay

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, right now 452 grain Easton Axis 5mm 300 spine with standard aluminum HIT insert and 100 grain head. Tuned just fine. I have run 260 spine for a little bit more weight up front. I have a 29inch draw so I can get away with either spine depending on how long I cut my arrows and how much FOC I have.

I like it! Pretty much what I’ll be running.5mm 300 fmj’s, regular HIT’s, 100 grain BH, but I’ll be running a four fletch out back with wraps.

but all seriousness I appreciate the help! If I can’t get the Axel to Axel at 30” I’ll let ya know. Currently I’m 1/8” off. Going to tinker around a bit more and get a slight cam lean out! Thank you again!

I like it! Pretty much what I’ll be running.5mm 300 fmj’s, regular HIT’s, 100 grain BH, but I’ll be running a four fletch out back with wraps.

but all seriousness I appreciate the help! If I can’t get the Axel to Axel at 30” I’ll let ya know. Currently I’m 1/8” off. Going to tinker around a bit more and get a slight cam lean out! Thank you again!

I'm a big fan of the solo cams as well. Those are still some great bows!
The ATA and the Brace height, should be the same exact as factory specs when you're done tuning.
An 1/8" is not far too far off for tweaking, just a couple twists should do it.
A look at the cam orientation, will tell you whether to adjust the string or the cable.

OP
WakePraySlay

WakePraySlay

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a big fan of the solo cams as well. Those are still some great bows!
The ATA and the Brace height, should be the same exact as factory specs when you're done tuning.
An 1/8" is not far too far off for tweaking, just a couple twists should do it.
A look at the cam orientation, will tell you whether to adjust the string or the cable.
Sorry for the late reply! But I got everything squared away and in tune! Got the ATA @ 30” and fixed cam lean when finished! Appreciate the reply and sorry this was so late!

Capra

Lil-Rokslider
I will just add that in my opinion it is far more important to blueprint the strings, Wherever the ATA lands after that is fine with me.

I will just add that in my opinion it is far more important to blueprint the strings, Wherever the ATA lands after that is fine with me.
So you're saying, if the sting is in spec before it's on the bow, there's no need for verification/fine tuning, of anything?