Mathews Traverse Review and Discussion

rhino8888

FNG
Has anyone compared the Traverse to an Elite Ritual 35 ? These are the top 2 I'm looking and I don't have a local shop to try them at.

The Ritual only goes to a 31” draw length for me so that is not good and not a option if it doesn’t at least have a 32” draw.

Vandal 44

WKR
I purchased The Mathews Traverse last year and have to say its the smoothest drawing bow I have shot in the last 25 years. The smooth draw cycle is the main reason I went with Traverse, I have had multiple shoulder surgeries and its painful to draw most bows. I liked the Traverse so much I purchased two of them, my Bowtech Realm X sits in the bow room and never gets shot. One of the Traverse is maxed out at 51 pounds and the other is set at 55 pounds. I was fortunate enough to take a small bear, cow elk and a buck with the Traverse. If someone is looking for a smooth drawing bow then this would be a good one to test out

Attachments

• Traverse.JPG
    Traverse.JPG
    311.3 KB · Views: 43
I have owned 2 Traverse and the VXR 31.5
I love all 3 but the VXR holds better than the traverse. You can’t go wrong with either

06a2dc42d18462afaec9f90cb25f4212.jpg

I would say I like my Mathews Traverse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just getting into archery and have been looking at bows and reviews online.

The nearest Scheels has the Traverse on sale for $799. I shot it yesterday and it felt good, but I've yet to shoot any other compound bow that was built after 2000.

Being a lefty, I'm limited to what shops have on hand.

Do you think the bow is worth $799?
That is a great bow and a good price for a current production bow. That's what I'm shooting and in 36 years of archery and bowhunting, I have to say it is one of the best bows I've ever had!

WesternHunter

Lil-Rokslider
For those in the thread saying the draw is .5” long, where do you actually take the measurement on draw length? I have the traverse and comparing it to my prime rival LD they both show right at 31 1/4” at the front of the riser at full draw. But I do feel a bit overdrawn with the traverse where I don’t with the Rival. I chalked it up to the cable stops on the traverse vs the limb stops on the rival... thoughts?

RAS

FNG
The new review will be landing in the next few days. Pretty sweet bow. You can follow along the thread and ask any questions here.

Les
I've been intrigued by the larger bows, this was helpful especially since I'm typically in a tree stand. Definitely appreciate the recommendation.