Mathews TRX 34

Yooper

WKR
Just curious if anyone out here is shooting the Mathews TRX 34 this year? Looking for a kind of crossover 3D/hunting bow and the specs on it really make sense for what I'm looking for. Watched a few Chris Bee vids on Youtube on his, but always good to hear some real life feedback as well.

Just curious if anyone out here is shooting the Mathews TRX 34 this year? Looking for a kind of crossover 3D/hunting bow and the specs on it really make sense for what I'm looking for. Watched a few Chris Bee vids on Youtube on his, but always good to hear some real life feedback as well.
Personally, I would look at the V3X 33, the specs are very similar and the price difference is significant in favor of the 33.

From the 33 bow build video Chris Bee did, he mentioned that the 34 has a more aggressive feel, so take that into consideration if you like a more demanding cam.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Good point. I should have mentioned that I would be considering a used TRX 34.

The used bows are still mostly going over 1k, unless pretty beat up.

Then factor in needing a new string more than likely, I'd still say you are looking basically same price, tho I don't know what actual street price is everywhere on a 33, and the availability is about nothing still. Get a warranty with a new bow, which is something I think is of value. For a hunting bow the angled cable guard plays in to even out the cam rotation which helps with nock travel. That's something I think is worth getting. I hoped they would release the 34 with a few upgrades for a hunting bow, but the 2022 dealer info has nothing about a change to any of the target bows. I tend to refer the c3x cams, atleast I think that's what they are, the TRX cams, but I'll be trying a 33 instead of a 34.

ZDR

WKR
the C3X cams are hard to fault for sure. I enjoy shooting my TRX36 more than my traverse & that’s with the 70v mods. However, I test drove a V3X 33 and that is a nice bow…the riser length is almost identical to my 36, holds Like my 36 and the SW cams have a good draw cycle. Mighty tempting…

Spence14

WKR
I have hunted and shot 3D with the TRX 36 for the past two seasons. All of the staff at my local archery shop are shooting the TRX 34 for both hunting and 3D if that tells you anything. I believe they have opted to keep them for this year over the V3X series as well. That's saying something in my opinion! They all have the option to shoot just about any bow they want...

All that said.... I did shoot the 33" V3X the other day and would highly consider swapping my trx36 out for the new model.

Brizzle

FNG
Trx 34 is hard to beat for a crossover bow. I know a handful of people who use them for hunting and comp, if you use a landslyde and and lighter hunting arrows like a Black Eagle carnivore you could should the same set up year round. Not the most ideal indoor setup but it would just depend on what your goals are. That setup would be great for field, 3D and hunting. You wouldn’t have to ever change your tape or anything. If you used fixed pins you’d have a killer hunter class bow too.

I have hunted and shot 3D with the TRX 36 for the past two seasons. All of the staff at my local archery shop are shooting the TRX 34 for both hunting and 3D if that tells you anything. I believe they have opted to keep them for this year over the V3X series as well. That's saying something in my opinion! They all have the option to shoot just about any bow they want...

All that said.... I did shoot the 33" V3X the other day and would highly consider swapping my trx36 out for the new model.

What two piece quiver or any quiver you running on that 36?

Spence14

WKR
What two piece quiver or any quiver you running on that 36?
I’ve had the Tightspot 5 arrow the last couple seasons, which has come in handy with switching out arrow setups from standard to micros. I would be interested in seeing how the new mathews quivers handle small/micro diameter arrows though (if I had a V3X.)

Brizzle

FNG
And for the record the TRX and V3X are two totally different bows, sure the ATA is close but they use two totally different cam designs, limb designs and the V3X has yokes to where the TRX does not. Both are great bows but different design and feel.

And for the record the TRX and V3X are two totally different bows, sure the ATA is close but they use two totally different cam designs, limb designs and the V3X has yokes to where the TRX does not. Both are great bows but different design and feel.
So the trx uses top hats and the v3x uses a yolk? Thats interesting. I cant seem to find a trx34 to shoot. If anyone in Wisco knows where i can get my paws on one please hit me up. I live near 3 dealers amd none have one.

So the trx uses top hats and the v3x uses a yolk? Thats interesting. I cant seem to find a trx34 to shoot. If anyone in Wisco knows where i can get my paws on one please hit me up. I live near 3 dealers amd none have one.
Both bows use top hats for tuning. The yoke harness on the switchweight cams(V3X) just equalizes the cable tension on both side of the cam. They cannot be manipulated for tuning purposes because it's a floating yoke system.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zac