Mathews tuning help

I have a Mathews vertix, the bottom is yoke is extremely close to touching the cam on the left side when drawing. My rest is in center shot so I’m confused why this would be happening. I have it shooting well (bare shafts to 40yards and Broadheads to 110) but I am worried about the cam rubbing the yoke. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• DD86E9A0-F0B8-4B3A-B3DE-8A93CE6F4F48.jpeg
    DD86E9A0-F0B8-4B3A-B3DE-8A93CE6F4F48.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 39

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Left side of bottom cam will be closer to rubbing than the top cam due to this cable being on the outside of the roller guard. This is normal. Yours looks slightly closer than all mine, but all my bows have top hat kits in them and I don’t remember where that sat when stock. So long as you are shooting well and have no contact, then no need for concern.

I assume that’s a Hamskea rest that is just out of the picture frame as it looks like their supplied cord & aftermarket cord attachment and I’m curious if the limb cord attachment has worked for you. I have not tried one on my Vertix, but there was far too much travel from this mounting point on my V3 for my liking, meaning the launcher was upright and in contact with the arrow shaft for far too long (also evident by too much slack in the cord at full draw). I prefer the launcher to be upright only at the very end of the draw cycle and the cord having no tension in it only just before full draw is achieved. I removed the aftermarket cord attachment and went back to the original method of tying around the limb. Wondering if next time I put new strings on my Vertix (or Traverse even) if it is worth trying the cord attachment because they could possibly have less limb travel?

I guess I should have said it wasn't an issue. Like OR said, if no contact, it doesn't matter.

They all run really close.

And the trx does have a different cam system, but they all run really close, just without contact.

OP
P
I just put it on the draw board and it seems like the cam barely touches it half way through the draw cycle. How would I fix this, do I need to get a top hat kit?

OP
P
Cliffy, the hamskea cord attachemnt has worked great for me so far. I’m not sure if it is in contact with the arrow any longer than without it but I don’t have any fletching contact.

I just put it on the draw board and it seems like the cam barely touches it half way through the draw cycle. How would I fix this, do I need to get a top hat kit?

You can move the yoke splitter a little. Move where the cable loops around it. They float to some extent, but where the loop goes through itself at the top you can move slightly and it will change the orientation of the loop to cam.

Changes the tune too.

OP
P
I tried moving the splitter and it didn’t seem to help at all, is there anything else I could do to gain some clearance?

Brizzle

FNG
If it shoots well I’d just shoot it, it’s pretty normal, changing the top hats will change the tune