Mathews v3 fletch contact on cable guard

Wodez

FNG
Hey Archers
Have had a v3 for a month. Have just found out I why I have been chasing my tail. I am getting fletch contact on the cable guard.

Shooting v3 set up at 28.5” draw, 75 pound. Hamskea hunter pro rest. Fusion II vanes in 3 fletch. The vanes are .35” high from memory.

I have Always had indicator fletch straight up with all my bows but tonight I plan to try setting it up at the 1oclock position to see if that helps... but I’m guessing i would be close to having contact issues with the rest.

Question is why. I thought this new centerguard was meant to give more clearance. Wondering if I have an issue somewhere. I checked the cable guard arm is screwed in tight. No issues there

I recently had my local shop paper tune it and I haven’t moved the rest since. I also asked them to check over it and check center shot and whatever else they could think off. But I am not sure what else they did. But they clearly didn’t check for contact issues.
I checked with a bare shaft and on average it’s pretty good for me. I have never had good enough form to consistently shoot bullet holes with a bare shaft no matter how good any bow is tuned.

Anyone else having contact issues?

OR Archer

WKR
Did they move the rest to tune it or did they actually move the top hats? If is the previous then that could be why you’re having issues. Center shot should be about 13/16” on a Mathews.

Reactions: Zac
Check your center shot to see if it’s 13/16. Also is your arrow running through the Berger button? I’ve heard of clearance issues with the roller guard on the V3 but I know others that use that rest with no issues

OP
W

Wodez

FNG
center shot is good.
Found the problem. Roller guard was slightly twisted clockwise.
But it still only just clears. Might change fletch to help

Hey Archers
Have had a v3 for a month. Have just found out I why I have been chasing my tail. I am getting fletch contact on the cable guard.

Shooting v3 set up at 28.5” draw, 75 pound. Hamskea hunter pro rest. Fusion II vanes in 3 fletch. The vanes are .35” high from memory.

I have Always had indicator fletch straight up with all my bows but tonight I plan to try setting it up at the 1oclock position to see if that helps... but I’m guessing i would be close to having contact issues with the rest.

Question is why. I thought this new centerguard was meant to give more clearance. Wondering if I have an issue somewhere. I checked the cable guard arm is screwed in tight. No issues there

I recently had my local shop paper tune it and I haven’t moved the rest since. I also asked them to check over it and check center shot and whatever else they could think off. But I am not sure what else they did. But they clearly didn’t check for contact issues.
I checked with a bare shaft and on average it’s pretty good for me. I have never had good enough form to consistently shoot bullet holes with a bare shaft no matter how good any bow is tuned.

Anyone else having contact issues?
Yeah man same issue. I got the v3x 33. I had to change my indicator fletching towards me. Which I’m not a fan of but over all I’m going to stick with it. Worked great after I made that small adjustment. And paper tuned easy.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Same on my V3 31 I just turned it to 1 o’clock and have had zero issues I’m using the qad integrated rest though.. shoots lights out for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zman88

FNG
V3 31", same issue, went from a 3 fletch indicator up, to out so it would clear

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
I turned the cock vane to the 9 o'clock position and it worked well for me. I have the v3 31 and v3x 33. Had to do it with anything that had blazers. AAE max stealths did not make contact for me when they were in normal position. This is just my experience with them. I am using a QAD rest. I hear people really like the hamskeys though.. I may change to those at some point.