Mathews V3 Tuning Issue. Top Hat Issue???

bober90

FNG
Yep. They’re perpendicular to the main string. I’m shooting bullet holes now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. They’re perpendicular to the main string. I’m shooting bullet holes now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatherd.
Bullet holes for me are just a start. Might not mean that it's in the correct position. Personally I'd shoot some bareshafts, then see if the cams need to move.

How is the cam lean?

bober90

FNG
Cam lean looks fine now and yokes aren't touching the cams at all through the draw cycle. I'm thinking I may have put the top hats on backwards after knocking them out when pulling the bottom axel.

I just tested a bare shaft and a fletched arrow at 10 yards and ruined an arrow...

503F6002-39A0-45A7-BD8D-AD6961AC54BC.jpeg

Pins aren't adjusted after putting on new strings, but (previously) 20 yard pin held center on the hexagon. How far out do you shoot bare shafts?

Cam lean looks fine now and yokes aren't touching the cams at all through the draw cycle. I'm thinking I may have put the top hats on backwards after knocking them out when pulling the bottom axel.

I just tested a bare shaft and a fletched arrow at 10 yards and ruined an arrow...

View attachment 488622

Pins aren't adjusted after putting on new strings, but (previously) 20 yard pin held center on the hexagon. How far out do you shoot bare shafts?
I generally shoot them to minimum of 20, sometimes 30 or 40.

I'm usually using them to prevent broadhead target wear, so depending on time frame I might switch to broadheads after 20, or I might just keep playing with them for a while and shoot further. Getting out past 20 is as much a form check as anything.

Good groups of bareshaft/fletched at 20 usually translates to broadheads pretty good, maybe a little fine tuning, but it will be pretty close.