Mathews V3

CoryCa

FNG
So I pulled the trigger on the new mathews V3 31 yesterday. This will be my first flagship bow(previously shooting hoyt powermax). I'm pretty new to archery and I was hoping guys can chime in on their experience with the qad integrated rest. I'm unsure if I should go with that or one of the hamskea rests. Thanks in advance

Three of my buddies got new Mathews bows in the last two years and they use the QAD integrate. They haven't had any issues with tuning or reliability. It works like its supposed to.

I have a 2019 Traverse that has the integrate dovetail but I choose to use a Hamskea rest. I prefer a limb driven rest for ease of adjustment, reliability, and tunability.

You will be good with whichever you choose. I will say though, that if you plan on working on your own equipment go with the Hamskea, you won't need a press to put it on. Technically you don't need a press for the integrate rest but I just hate the football clamps on cables and always serve the rest cord in on bows that I work on which requires a press.

If you go with the Hamskea get the new Mathews limb bracket, it's super slick and makes for a non-marking tie in for the limb cord. https://www.hamskeaarchery.com/product/mathews-limb-attachment/

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

socoalt

WKR
I went in to buy an integrate rest and the tech behind the counter told me not to bother. Apparently there is an internal component to the micro adjust knob that is prone to breaking. He said that he had exchanged 6 of em last season. All of the customers switched to Hamskea and I saved $200.

OP
C

CoryCa

FNG
I should have asked which is more reliable. I would prefer to not have to worry about it moving after the shop sets it up

Zac

WKR
You need to understand the functional differences behind both. The cable driven will drop very quickly which gives you good vane clearance. However you also lose the stability factor due to the arrow floating through the air without any downward pressure on the launcher. You may have to tie your nocking points in a little higher with a cable driven rest to compensate for that. This is kind of annoying especially when your dealing with a binary cam system that likes the nock in the dead center of the string. Your going to get added stability with limb driver if it's times properly. It comes the closest to mimicking the fixed blade rests that are common in the target world.

d_bach

FNG
I am currently using the QAD Integrate rest, and I couldn't be happier with it. I have about 200+ arrows through it and not had any issues. I like that Mathews designed it with QAD and its a solid design.

Newbie but longtime bowhunter and I totally agree with d_bach. I have had QAD Integrate since it came out and couldnt be happier with the setup and the reliability. Its flawless and I have shot a lot. You are correct its telling that Mathews partnered with QAD and that Hoyt and others do as well. You don't do that if they are not the tops. Beyond that QAD return policy is amazing. I personally have never had anything I needed to return but know a guy who worked there. No questions asked and new product. They stand behind their stuff.