Mathews V3X 33 Draw Length - are mods 1/2” long?

KSBackCountryHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at ordering a new V3X 33. I’m only a 27.5” draw but I really enjoyed the longer ata over the 29 when it came to drawing and holding the bow. For anyone who has one or has one ordered- did you purchase your actual draw length or go 1/2 inch shorter? They only had a 27.5 inch mod- no 27. Seeing a lot of people ordering a 1/2 inch shorter. I thought the 27.5 was ok but would have liked to shoot a 27 just to see what it’s like. Not sure if it matters but will be putting an ultra view grip on it which takes up a bit more space but not much. Any advice on what you all purchased or what your pro shop recommended would be great!

Marble

WKR
If it was my pro shop, they would let me buy the bow and make sure I have the correct mods for the correct DL. The set up and initial tuning is all part of the purchase price.

If your DL ends up feeling slightly long or short, you can twist/untwist the string within reason to make a slight adjustment. At least this is how I do it on my Hoyt. I'm not sure how much movement you can get but maybe 1/8"? I'm sure someone else will know for sure.

For example, I added .5" mod to my Invicta to make it 29.5. It was slightly long or felt long. We considered untwisting the string a bit, but after my coach (not a real coach but he is a world champion) watched me shoot, he adjusted my bow hand and posture and all was good.

There is a lot to it and my low level explanation is probably not working.

It's a good time to get a bow and have them time to get it just right. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

They go 1/2 long pretty consistently. Seems to be 3/8-1/2".

You can twist the string, untwist the cables to shorten it. Brings the timing windows out if orientation, but that's not the end of the world.

I use the utraview grip, hardly any difference from the engage. Do get a little over an 1/8" from side plates.

You can also modify the cam stops. It will lower the letoff, but in my mind that won't be a bad thing. Just build them up slightly and it will stop cam rotation a little sooner. Probably more than what 99% of people want to do, I haven't done it, a friend did, but he has a machine shop at his house.

ncavi8tor

WKR
Yes. My V3X33 with 28"/60lb/80% mods is right at 28.5" measured on my draw board. Same thing with my V3X29.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk