Mathews Vertix Review

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
I love my vertix, I purchased earlier this year and love it very smooth and quiet I’m glad I finally spent The money and got what I wanted. I got my first Robin Hood ever this Wednesday. And I really haven’t shot it
As much as I should have. But time to
Get ready for the archery opener

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you think someone with a 29 or 29.5 draw length would have problems with the string angle ?? I know its 30" ata but the cams look rather huge lol .

No sir. I know a lot of guys shooting those lengths. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
No sir. I know a lot of guys shooting those lengths. No issues.

thanks . I'm about to pull the trigger on one but was having second thoughts due to its AtoA and worrying about string angle . I'm a 30" draw but am thinking getting it in 29" so it will likely be 29.5" (reading that mathews run 1/2" long) and be better for freezing to death in a treestand and being bundled up .
Thanks again !

JLH208

WKR
Loving mine already on day 2. This is my first non-Hoyt, got a wild hair to sell the carbon defiant/ quivalizer and run a whole new set up. Started to have regrets yesterday after suffering the weight coming from carbon but got about 100 arrows through it today and it’s growing on me. May have to look into some vibration out of my quiver but I believe it’s just the WacEm broadheads rattling (tight spot with no foam) It definitely isn’t the bow! Do most guys keep the Zebra strings until shot out or replace them right away with customs? I’ve never run them, I had Rogue on my last bow and loved them.

d86bef75b710f801415414be80ec5235.jpg

Update: This thing is shooting lasers and is dead silent now that I waxed the broadheads.

Last edited:

tntrker

WKR
I've shot a Mathews Reezen since they came out MOONS ago. I stopped by and shot a Vertix since a Triax wasn't available. Unbelievable how much quieter, smoother, steadier, it was. I ordered one...(y)

Chowell

FNG
I was always a Hoyt man never owned a Mathews but I bought a vertix after selling the rx1. To me there was no comparison between the hoyts and Mathews

ktnelson5

FNG
I didn't have any interest in upgrading to a new bow any time soon. Then I read this review. I'm going for it this off-season.

Update: Couldn't wait. I tested it at my local shop and couldn't leave without it. I was nervous about upgrading so close to the season. That all went away after I got everything dialed in. I'm shooting better than before. This bow is awesome.

Last edited:
OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Loving mine already on day 2. This is my first non-Hoyt, got a wild hair to sell the carbon defiant/ quivalizer and run a whole new set up. Started to have regrets yesterday after suffering the weight coming from carbon but got about 100 arrows through it today and it’s growing on me. May have to look into some vibration out of my quiver but I believe it’s just the WacEm broadheads rattling (tight spot with no foam) It definitely isn’t the bow! Do most guys keep the Zebra strings until shot out or replace them right away with customs? I’ve never run them, I had Rogue on my last bow and loved them.

d86bef75b710f801415414be80ec5235.jpg

Update: This thing is shooting lasers and is dead silent now that I waxed the broadheads.

I shoot the zebras out.

tntrker

WKR
Sweet looking setup, and you got it Jak’t! Awesome!! Did you meet Jeff at an event or buy it an archery shop?

I happen to see your review of the Mathews Vertix and you mentioned them. I ordered direct from their website. I posted a review of it somewhere on here I liked it so much. Thanks for the lead on a good product by good people!

Katera33

FNG
I liked the string angle on the Traverse better at 28.5” draw. Both are great shooting bows

Cdneville

FNG
I have a 29 inch draw and drive tacks with the vertix. Really love the grip you get a constant hold no messing with your hand to get your grip perfect. Really solid bow

jha22msu

FNG
I have recently purchased a Vertix and it seems like a good bow so far, I wanted the traverse however I liked the switchweight technology on the vertix. Also for some reason the shops I went too from 30 minutes to 2 hours away no one seemed concerned with selling a traverse. They had very little in stock and no mods in my DL or the color I would have wanted. Most of them said there would be no advantage to the traverse unless I needed the extra long DL and I don't. I shot a bare Triax and it seemed to have the least vibration of the newer bows I shot and while my ears may be deceiving me, my Z7 seems quieter than my Vertix

jdappelt

FNG
I have a Triax and I love it. That new engage grip looks pretty good though. Think I would like it better than flatback on Triax

YZF_88

Lil-Rokslider
I’m now getting quite a few arrows through my Vertix. Bought it back in July but had a hand injury preventing me from shooting. Couldn’t bend my thumb until recently so I’ve had to shoot my older Hoyt (Mathews has a more aggressive shelf profile requiring more bend).

Some notes:

I dislike the weight of this bow but how it shoots and feels completely offsets the weight. I picked this bow primarily because of the cam profile. My shoulders are picky about it after 3 surgeries.

It tuned up very easily. Had to change the top hats once. It was easy. First time not having a bow with adjustable yokes and I’m sold on the Mathews design.

Yesterday my first three cold shots at 50, 60 & 70 with no warm up were more accurate than ever.

I really like the integrated rest and Q-Lite quiver. Solid and simple accessories. I do need to dig up some mole skin. The arrow is very noisy on the rest before flipping it up or if it hits the bottom of the shelf.

I have a Fast Eddie XL sight on it and am surprised at how much I had to adjust the 3rd axis though. I’ve checked it with my 3rd axis leveled several times though to verify its adjusted right.

Time to start chasing deer.

Attachments

• 0C9C6C49-CE78-4089-A3BC-84E7029CD192.jpeg
    0C9C6C49-CE78-4089-A3BC-84E7029CD192.jpeg
    585.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 7848C74E-5AB4-42C5-A33E-C1444D42D81F.jpeg
    7848C74E-5AB4-42C5-A33E-C1444D42D81F.jpeg
    442 KB · Views: 35
  • 8CADE935-1CF6-464D-959B-766E0C423872.jpeg
    8CADE935-1CF6-464D-959B-766E0C423872.jpeg
    473.1 KB · Views: 35
  • F10C09CD-D50C-4A80-936C-964BE3377F87.jpeg