Mathews Vertix Review

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been shooting the Vertix for the last three months. Review is ready to drop in the next couple days, and it will be followed up with a few things and the addition of the Traverse in a month or so. You can tune in and ask any questions here.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
looking forward to
these reviews Les. I hear lots about Mathews but I’ve still never shot one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think anyone could go wrong with the Vertix. That thing shoots great and is deadly quiet and has zero hand shock. I haven’t shot a Mathew’s in a couple years but was very impressed with this bow.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I just proofed Les's review (it'll be up later this week) and he's running the Mathews branded quiver.

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
In depth review. I thought it was spot on. Wouldn’t mind shooting one that’s set to my draw length. But even so I thought it was a great bow. Thanks Les for the review.

Amazer

FNG
Les, With your 65# and 28.5" draw and (what arrow weight you shooting) what kind of speed you looking at? I shoot 65# and 28" draw and a 525gr arrow (Mathews Mission) I only get 210 fps, so my bow is really slow. I am looking to upgrade and think this Vertix can help me pick up some speed. I've only been bow hunting for two years up here in Alaska.

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
Les, With your 65# and 28.5" draw and (what arrow weight you shooting) what kind of speed you looking at? I shoot 65# and 28" draw and a 525gr arrow (Mathews Mission) I only get 210 fps, so my bow is really slow. I am looking to upgrade and think this Vertix can help me pick up some speed. I've only been bow hunting for two years up here in Alaska.

What sort of speed are you looking to hit? I believe Les said his arrows were in the low to mid 400s.

Amazer

FNG
Chad, I am hoping to get in the 250s but 240 would be nice. I want to keep a heaver arrow as I'm only looking at caribou, moose and possibly grizzly up here.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member

420 grain arrow. I’m guessing around 275. I’ll have good numbers in another 10 days or so. Got some fun testing coming up.