Mathews Vertix switchweight cam review

Jimbob

WKR
IMG_0710.JPGThis spring I purchased a 2019 Mathews Vertix and have really put it through its paces and thought I would share my thoughts.

First, I have shot a Hoyt for years but struggled to get my 2014 Carbon spyder turbo to shoot well. When I was looking for a new bow this spring the Mathews really stood out to me. I took a chance on a like-new Vertix and I'm sure glad I did.

Upon getting the bow I added some custom strings (kiwi and gunmetal grey are a nice colour combo), mainly because it's good to have a back-up set of strings and cables. Then I swapped out the engage grip for ultra view side plates. The sides plates are super minimal but I like shooting off the shelf and it gave me the draw length I was looking for. A little grey spray paint on the side plates and stabilizers gave accented green/grey strings and the black riser. Next, was tweaking the draw weight.

A big feature of the bow that I liked was the switchweight cam. If the Traverse came with the switchweight I probably would have bought that. I just like playing around with a bow and swapping mods is much easier than swapping limbs. However, getting ahold of the modules this spring proved challenging.

Thankfully a generous Rokslide member was willing to give up his time to help this Canadian get his hands on some 75 lbs mods. Now, in no time I can switch between 65, 70, and 75 lbs. Swapping the mods is as simple as removing two screws. I had to slightly pull on the cable to expose one screw which you can see me doing in the following pic, the two screws to remove are on either side of the limb.
IMG_0519.JPG

I tuned the bow with 70 lbs mods and when I added the 75 lbs mods I needed to add one twist in one cable to get the following bare shaft and fletched arrow tears.
IMG_0522.JPG

I found the 65 and 70 lbs extremely smooth but the 75 lbs mods add a noticeable hump at the back of the draw. I am not sure if the 75 ADDS the hump or I can just feel it because it's harder to pull. I like the increased poundage and heavier arrows but I might go back to the 70 lbs mods because it drew so smooth and I feel like that shot a little better for me. I'm still extremely happy with the accuracy with the 75 lbs mods but I have not committed to it yet.

Overall I am extremely happy with every aspect of the bow and plan on shooting it for many years to come. If you have any questions about the vertix feel free to message me.

RAS

FNG
Do the mods allow DL adjustment as well, or is that still a new cam?
Thanks