Matrix Target

87TT

WKR
Once they start poking through, I unscrew the BH before pulling the arrow. It helps them last a bit longer.

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the market and was kicking this and the 365s what's an 18-1? I have the Morrell high roller for broadheads at 40yds n under.

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
Mine definitely stops arrows. Maybe a little too well, I'm using the recommended field tips and absolutely need an arrow puller to get them out.

I've been using behind my paper tuner as I tune my new VXR. If you hit in between two modules the arrow comes out with residue and foam glued to the arrow. Anyone else experiencing this?
Doesn't sound like fun, what grain arrow n what's your DL DW?

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
My first 18-1 I set out to see what it would take to completely destroy one. I started shooting the same spot with BH's, and had an arrow completely pass through into my backstop at shot 50......so two sides down in 50 shots. And that was day one. BH's cut through foam easily.......and when you pull BH's from foam.....they pull long slivers of foam out with them, especially after a few shots. Doesn't take long to create a deep hole, and then anything shot into that hole pokes through the other side......and the other side is toast too. I don't shoot as many BH's as I used to anymore.
Who makes 18-1?

87TT

WKR
I have a new 18-1 behind my paper tuning rack and I have to take it down on the floor after a shot and stand on it to pull an arrow.

sim22mie

Lil-Rokslider
OK, so I really wanted to like this target but. I used to completely shoot up an 18-1 every year. In fact I had to work to make it last a whole year. By the end of the year, they are hanging together by threads or wrap with a ratchet strap. So I had great hopes for the Matrix. My lovely wife got me one for my birthday in Feb. I am now on module number three. Mostly field points but some broadheads to tune my bows. (2) I estimate way less than 100 broadheads in the two modules. Th second one was shooting through before I could turn it around.. I'm a month away from the season but I shoot year round. At this rate I will be through four $70.00 modules. That's more than the cost of two 18-1's that last a year each. And the Matrix won't last two years! I have two 3D targets that I shoot also as well as an 18-1 in the shop on my paper tuning set up. I won't be replacing the modules.
I realize that Robbie shot 500 arrows and not going to say he didn't but My arrows weigh 516 grains including a 50 gr insert and 125 gr Kudupoint broadhead (without the bleeder blades) I would bet I could shoot through a module in less than 250 shots.
I’ve never shot a broadhead into mine and I have blown thrown a new module in less than a month. To say I’ve had a different experience than what most report would be an understatement. Bought three new modules this year because I’ve blown through all of my other ones in less than a year. So basically it’s like buying a new block for three modules except I can’t shoot anywhere else.

Trial153

WKR
It’s clear to me that the matrix isn’t a solution for the amount i shoot. I am replacing my last two modules and going to selling it locally to someone that shoots less often.

I am going to buy another 18/1 and SevR target and try that out .

Last edited:

87TT

WKR
I’ve never shot a broadhead into mine and I have blown thrown a new module in less than a month. To say I’ve had a different experience than what most report would be an understatement. Bought three new modules this year because I’ve blown through all of my other ones in less than a year. So basically it’s like buying a new block for three modules except I can’t shoot anywhere else.
I’ve not shot any BHs through the 3rd module now and after less than a month, it is just about shot out too.

Was considering the M2, but decided not to with the module replacement prices. If you were to buy a complete M2 at 289.95, and over time replaced all 9 modules at 49.95, it would cost you an additional 449.55. Regardless one shooting either the M1 or M2 would be better off just buying another target vs. buying modules.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I shoot a lot. 15 years ago I bought a used 48"x48" Block target from the local shop that was replacing with new ones. I paid $150 for it and it lasted 10 years, but I only used it sparingly for BH's until I got a dedicated BH target. I replaced the Block with a brand new one that I got as part of the shop's bulk order deal for $600. I've been shooting the same spot in the upper left corner for 5 years now and this is what the back looks like. The rest of the target is still like new, except for some weathering. For a dedicated FP target these work very well, and with 48" of target face to rotate to when needed......that initial cost spread over years makes decent sense as well.
100_4499.JPG