Matrix Targets

JBivens

FNG
I am curious to those of you whom own one or have shot it. How does it handle broadheads? I am debating about keeping a setup all year on broadheads and am a little frustrated with how fast I can blow through cheap and Rhinehart alike.

I shot mine with a lot of broad heads I was impressed only had 1 arrow poke through the other side with a pretty heavy set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robby did a review and I think only shot broadheads and counted shots and measured penetration depth. I think its the best target on the market as far as being able to utilize the entire target and keep the target functional and performing long term. I'm going on year 4 this spring I believe and I shoot almost daily may through september and once a week meet up with friends and the matrix gets put at the most common yardage and 3-4 of us shoot it. I always shoot one fixed broadhead and one expandable (ulmer/sevr) each time I shoot. I also shoot every broadhead arrow several times at max range to confirm impact. I've only replaced one module on my target so far and the one I replaced still stops arrows fine I just wanted a better aiming point.

bowhunt

Lil-Rokslider
I have one, shoot almost daily in summer getting ready for archery season. I shot 1 broadhead and 2 field points every round. After shooting all year I only moved one module, it was still stopping arrows, but aim point was gone. Arrows pull out very easy, with little to no mess. I've had other targets, arrows pull hard, you blow the middle out, and then your done. This is the best target on the market you wont be disappointed

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Any foam type target will get shredded quickly if you shoot BH's a lot. I just about completely destroyed a Rinehart 18-1 in two months of shooting......but that was the goal to see how long it would last. BH's chew up foam targets......period. Even with the Matrix, you're going to be replacing modules frequently if you choose to shoot a lot of BH's.

I still shoot BH's throughout the year, but I tune my bow so BH's and FP's are perfectly together at 60 yards so shooting FP's will still accomplish the same thing.

MT257

WKR
You may have to change out modules after extensive shooting with a BH, but the thing is I think you have 8 other modules to use so you will be set for a long time. This is the only target I will use and buy from here on out. Arrow removal is done with ease. Well worth the money in my opinion.

OP
JBivens

JBivens

FNG
Thanks for the responses'. This is what I wanted/needed. Love this forum.

I have the original and it is awkward and heavy to cary far on a regular basis. Eventually I will have the smaller one as well

I shoot alot of broadheads. A friend and I trashed the matrix in a year. It isn't economic to replace as the replacement hexes cost more than the target. I'm better off buying an 18 and 1 every year.

That said I would like another matrix and ONLY shoot field points at it. It's nice for getting things dialed at long range.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Florida Bow Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Great targets, severely over priced. So it’s all relative. The good news is, you can replace sections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stonewall

WKR
Any foam type target will get shredded quickly if you shoot BH's a lot. I just about completely destroyed a Rinehart 18-1 in two months of shooting......but that was the goal to see how long it would last. BH's chew up foam targets......period. Even with the Matrix, you're going to be replacing modules frequently if you choose to shoot a lot of BH's.

I still shoot BH's throughout the year, but I tune my bow so BH's and FP's are perfectly together at 60 yards so shooting FP's will still accomplish the same thing.
Did you get a new 18-1 w that warranty?

I tried and failed to wear mine out in a year