Matthews Traverse

Cadamscrna

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone shooting a Traverse? If so, would love to see pics and hear your thoughts. Recently purchased one and waiting for it to arrive.

Gorp2007

WKR
I’ve got one that I’ve been shooting for a little over 2 years. It’s my first real bow so I don’t have much to compare it against, but I’m not looking to replace it any time soon. I’m 6’ tall and I shot it and the Triax and really liked the longer ATA. I’ve got a MBG Acent on it along with a 12” Beestinger and a Mathews Q-Lite quiver that lives on it year round. Only mod to the bow itself is I swapped the grip for hockey tape. I can post up some glamor shots later today.

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Great bow, so is the Vertix. Mine are set up identical to each other. The only pictures I have of my bows is of them leaning against a buck, stag, bull etc so probably not the kind of pictures you are after. I will take a pic of the Traverse when I get home for you.

OP
C

Cadamscrna

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got one that I’ve been shooting for a little over 2 years. It’s my first real bow so I don’t have much to compare it against, but I’m not looking to replace it any time soon. I’m 6’ tall and I shot it and the Triax and really liked the longer ATA. I’ve got a MBG Acent on it along with a 12” Beestinger and a Mathews Q-Lite quiver that lives on it year round. Only mod to the bow itself is I swapped the grip for hockey tape. I can post up some glamor shots later today.
Cool. I’d like to see it. I’m 6’2” and have been shooting a Vertix but just wanted to shoot a longer ata to try it.

OP
C

Cadamscrna

Lil-Rokslider
Great bow, so is the Vertix. Mine are set up identical to each other. The only pictures I have of my bows is of them leaning against a buck, stag, bull etc so probably not the kind of pictures you are after. I will take a pic of the Traverse when I get home for you.
Awesome! Yeah, I’m currently shooting a Vertix and I’m wanting to try a longer ata bow. Would love to see pics of you get time. I’m thinking I’ll use the Vertix for close range hunting and the Traverse for longer range hunting/3D.

ZDR

WKR
I picked up a traverse a few months ago as a backup to my Hoyt RX4U but ended up liking/shooting it better that the Hoyt. Plenty fast, very smooth and dead in the hand. I’ve got it set up for the 3D season. Will post a pic later when I get home

Spence14

WKR
Awesome bow! I’ve had two (one for a backup now for a short time). I sold both to try something different. Really wish now that I would have kept one

Gorp2007

WKR
05a6334874abad97070658730095a621.jpg

Let me know if you want to see anything in particular.

OP
C

Cadamscrna

Lil-Rokslider
Looks nice! I like the blacked out look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Cool. I use them both for hunting, just kept at different locations. I don’t remember why I put the wrap on the grip of the traverse, but I didn’t on the vertix. Doesn’t make a difference to me either way.
901F352E-EB64-47F6-A66B-858BD30C01FC.jpeg

OP
C

Cadamscrna

Lil-Rokslider
Nice looking bow! Looks like it’s been dipped, including the cams. How do you like the quivalizer?

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Nah, just a sponge with paint on it to get rid of the black and the glare that the carbon can give off on the quiverlizer rod. I mean to remove cams and paint them whenever I get a new bow or change strings, but I forget every time so this is the next best thing.
I resisted trying the quiverlizer for years after I saw a buddy stalk in with one and it was waving around....a lot. It put me off, but I woke up and realised it was just him moving unnecessarily.
The best way I can put it is that I have 4 bows, 2 have quiverlizers and 2 have side riser mounted quivers on them. I won’t change the other two over to quiverlizer, but the next bow I set up will have a quiverlizer on it too.

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s my traverse love this bow

Attachments

• 4040899D-04D9-4778-A938-D59D227520DF.jpeg
    4040899D-04D9-4778-A938-D59D227520DF.jpeg
    506.3 KB · Views: 32
OP
C

Cadamscrna

Lil-Rokslider
Nah, just a sponge with paint on it to get rid of the black and the glare that the carbon can give off on the quiverlizer rod. I mean to remove cams and paint them whenever I get a new bow or change strings, but I forget every time so this is the next best thing.
I resisted trying the quiverlizer for years after I saw a buddy stalk in with one and it was waving around....a lot. It put me off, but I woke up and realised it was just him moving unnecessarily.
The best way I can put it is that I have 4 bows, 2 have quiverlizers and 2 have side riser mounted quivers on them. I won’t change the other two over to quiverlizer, but the next bow I set up will have a quiverlizer on it too.
Looks like you did a great paint job. What type paint did you use on the cams?

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
It’s only a rough job. It won’t win the beauty pageant, but that’s not why I bought them. I just applied the enamel paint with the tip of a sponge. I didn’t use a primer, one day I’ll paint a set properly.

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one off a guy back in January. Previous had a Halon 6, then a Hoyt carbon defiant turbo. I can't believe how much more I like the Traverse than either of those. I don't anticipate having any desire to get rid of it for quite a while. Right now its just a grey bow with stock strings. Need strings soon but haven't decided what color scheme to go. I'm shooting a 575 gr arrow about 265fps out of it so plenty of umph.

OP
C

Cadamscrna

Lil-Rokslider
I had a Halon 6 too which I liked but switched over to a Vertix last year. Now just looking for a longer ata that I can hunt with and shoot longer distances/3D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk