Matthews Traverse

Gorp2007

WKR
What course did you shoot this weekend?
Everything but the Prime course. I live 30 minutes from the courses and I took Friday off, so I shot Leupold & Yeti Friday, then Sitka Saturday and finished up with Nock On & Yeti again on Sunday. I would have finished up with Prime but we had family photos that evening and I wasn't going to risk showing up late. Lots of fun, I think Nock On was my favorite, but next year I'll need to dope out to 120. My tape is based on my 20 pin and it only went to 100 yards, so for a few of the targets I was doing some hasty (and incorrect) calculations with my 30 and 40 yard pins. Bounced one in on the bedded elk (a 5 is a 5) and then hit the standing elk at 111 right in the knee.

Did you go?

Last edited:
OP
C

Cadamscrna

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody shooting TAC near Chattanooga Tn at the end of the month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything but the Prime course. I live 30 minutes from the courses and I took Friday off, so I shot Leupold & Yeti Friday, then Sitka Saturday and finished up with Nock On & Yeti again on Sunday. I would have finished up with Prime but we had family photos that evening and I wasn't going to risk showing up late. Lots of fun, I think Nock On was my favorite, but next year I'll need to dope out to 120. My tape is based on my 20 pin and it only went to 100 yards, so for a few of the targets I was doing some hasty (and incorrect) calculations with my 30 and 40 yard pins. Bounced one in on the bedded elk (a 5 is a 5) and then hit the standing elk at 111 right in the knee.

Did you go?
I sure did, I had the same predicament as you on the Bedded Elk and was an inch above the rock. Loved it, wish they were more often. Had a blast and that hike to finish Nock On definitely made me realize that I’m in good flatland shape, not good mountain shape. I’m down in Houston

TheTone

WKR
Part of me really wishes I had shot a traverse when they were new, I’ve never read a negative thing about one. I wish you could still order a new one

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
I had a Halon 6 too which I liked but switched over to a Vertix last year. Now just looking for a longer ata that I can hunt with and shoot longer distances/3D.

Guy at my bow shop keeps wanting me to shoot a V3 to compare with the longer riser length, but haven't done it yet. Being over 30" draw, i have my doubts it would be as comfy as the Traverse.
Anybody shooting TAC near Chattanooga Tn at the end of the month?

Man i wanted to sign up, but we have a baby due in late May and my wife didn't seem too thrilled about me being 6 hours from home... hopefully next year!

So
Part of me really wishes I had shot a traverse when they were new, I’ve never read a negative thing about one. I wish you could still order a new one
So I should definitely keep an eye out for one? Is there any benefit to the Atlas over the Traverse besides another year of improvements?

BigWoods

WKR
Still loving my Traverse after two years! Very stable and forgiving. I swapped the grip for a BeeReal and have really enjoyed the added consistency.
20210416_112009.jpg
Let me know if you have any questions about my setup.

If you do a search, there's a longer thread I had started two years ago when they first came out (though I was just relearning archery at the time, so I wouldn't take it as the definitive 'this is how you should set yours up' thread.)

Gorp2007

WKR
Still loving my Traverse after two years! Very stable and forgiving. I swapped the grip for a BeeReal and have really enjoyed the added consistency.
What elements of your grip do you feel like it improved? I'm seriously debating the Beereal grip to help with getting more consistent low wrist grip and eliminate some vertical impact inconsistencies. Shooting a perfect 30x would be cool, too, but UltraView won't guarantee those results apparently.

Last edited:

BigWoods

WKR
What elements of your grip do you feel like it improved? I'm seriously debating the Beereal grip to help with getting more consistent low wrist grip and eliminate some vertical impact inconsistencies. Shooting a perfect 30x would be cool, too, but UltraView won't guarantee those results apparently.
The flat back and square sides really seem to help prevent side to side torque and the smoother texture gets it seated in my palm the same way every time. In comparison, the rubberized stock grip could lock in a bad grip that would produce fliers down range...wasn't a bad grip per se though. Just that this one is better for me.

OP
C

Cadamscrna

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 285385
Let me know if you have any questions about my setup.

If you do a search, there's a longer thread I had started two years ago when they first came out (though I was just relearning archery at the time, so I wouldn't take it as the definitive 'this is how you should set yours up' thread.)
Great looking bow! Just got mine yesterday and getting it setup today. Can’t wait to shoot it!