Matthews V3 order - color

DaveN85

FNG
Afternoon all,

Thoughts on the Green Ambush Matthews V3 bow? Was curious if that color was versatile enough to hunt different landscapes, or am I better off getting one of the camo options?

Thanks,

Dave

Isn't that the same color as OD green? I don't think it matters. Color/camo of bow is more preference than function

GNUOY

FNG
I ordered a V3 in ambush last month from a local dealer and it still hasn’t come in yet.

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
Makes no difference other than preference. With Hoyts or Mathews I would choose solids for resale and to be honest there camo dips generally suck. It’s annoying spending that much on a bow with crappy camo finishes especially compared to Elite, xpedition, prime to name a few.

d_bach

FNG
I have the V3 31 in Ambush Green and I honestly love it. It appears there are a lot of people who prefer a solid color over the camo options.

cured_ham

WKR
@Billy Goat

Just ordered a V3 in Ambush green. My dealer did some digging for me and apparently the have to pay license fee's to someone to use that specific green.

@Billy Goat

Just ordered a V3 in Ambush green. My dealer did some digging for me and apparently the have to pay license fee's to someone to use that specific green.

That seems really odd. They could license their own green or choose one of the other 100 shades of green.

Not saying that's not what it is, but it doesn't make a lot of sense either, I mean I assume they pay a fee to use someone's camo too. So they pay more, and what would seem significantly more for a solid green color?

Something about dookie green?

Maybe they pay Green Day.

cured_ham

WKR
Definitely odd. I am guessing they had it, someone else licensed it, and people liked it so much the just kept paying. Really no idea.

That or Green Day is way deeper into archery than I would have expected.

I have the First Lite Specter on order but I just saw the Green Ambush and really liked the look. I think I'm going to change to that. No replacement for seeing them in person versus on a screen.

I just bought the green. Not my favorite but I like the more I see it. Color is fine for landscapes since it’s more for us.

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
Everyone and their brother has ambush green. The black riser with Real Tree limbs looks sick. I opted for an entire real tree edge because I like the classic Mathews look of it and the engage grip has a brown Mathews logo.

Mosby

WKR
Yeah, I wanted stone but no luck and being a lefty it can be a while to get one in.
My son is a lefty and the local shop has the UA all season camo in stock. He is torn. Buy what's available or wait 4 months for a different color.