Matthews v3x and garmin A1i pro

Junibravo

FNG
I am looking at the new Mathews v3x and am
Excited by the new mods made to the bow. If i upgrade, i would like to use a garmin A1i pro sight with it. I currently have the A1i set up on my bow and I love it. And then garmin went ahead and fixed all the little issues i could think would make a great sight even better.
My question is whether the new garmin a1i pro dovetail is compatible with the v3x bridgelock. Based on their website, i couldnt figure out if its universally compatible, or only with certain dovetail mounts.

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve read it is not compatible with the bridge lock. You can still mount it to the bow as you would any other bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BustaRibs

FNG
Interesting, I was at Lancaster Archery (in Pennsylvania) Friday, shooting some of the new bows and had the very same question.

The shop had both products in stock, one tech said he was pretty sure they were compatible but we opened up a box on the new Garmin Xero (A1i Pro) and it was a no go. The rail on that sight is not a traditional dovetail so it’s not gonna work.

Would have bought the V3x if the Garmin fit, damn fine shooting bow (I shot the 33”).

Once you get used to the Xero sight it’s not an option going back to a fixed pin and neck mounted rangefinder. At least not for me.

I have some hope the new Garmin Xero may be able to be modified because it looks like the mounting bar may be removable with two Allen screws. I didn’t want to start tearing apart a new $1300 sight at the shop to find out for sure, but I’ll be calling Garmin shortly to find out if the mounting rail does detach as I suspect. If that’s the case I’m confidant the sight can be modified to fit the new Mathews Bridge Lock system with a little work in a good machine shop.

One thing I’ll add; the entire strategy behind the “in line” center balance mounting of accessories is obviously based on eliminating the bow “leaning” in the direction of the weight disparity caused by the quiver, arrows, sight and rest on the side of the bow. However, even when I shot the V3x 33” with nothing mounted on the riser besides the center mounted QAD rest, it still wanted to tip slightly to the right at full draw (I’m a right handed shooter).

So, although the new technology from Mathews is very impressive, I think added stabilizer weight on the other side of the bow is still going to be needed to get it balanced at full draw, at least for me.

Regardless, as an aging Bowhunter, the smooth, almost effortless draw cycle of the V3x is going to allow me to shoot at least 5 lbs of additional draw weight, while maintaining minimum movement through the draw. That alone is enough to justify the investment.

Good luck!

OP
J

Junibravo

FNG
your thought process seems to be exactly in line with me. I currently own a 29inch RX4 with a garmin A1i. I love my setup but the A1i pro has everything i felt was missing in the A1i. And not having to mount using the factory bracket will take off some of the extra weight on the bow.
If you figure out a way to make the garmin work with the bridge lock, I would love it if you would share that info.
That may tip my decision to invest in a longer A2A bow for my western hunts.

BustaRibs

FNG
Don't ask me how I know, but I've done some more research and word around the campfire is Garmin will soon be offering the Xero A1i Pro with a dovetail that fits the Mathews Bridgelock system. I'm hearing Jan or Feb of '22. That said, I'm going to test the new Hoyt's tomorrow, which have a picatinny rail on the front of the bow that works with a special version of the Xero A1i Pro that is designed to fit the Hoyt rail (See link/photo).

Good news is, whether a guy buys a new Hoty or a new Mathews, the Xero A1i Pro will be mountable using the center riser attachment, rather than a sideplate.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/f...aborate-on-new-garmin-xero-a1i-pro-bow-sight/

Attachments

• Garmin Xero Hoyt.jpg
    Garmin Xero Hoyt.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
OP
J

Junibravo

FNG
How much does it weigh? Im tempted to get one even though im not planning to upgrade my setup this year considering how late in the game it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like there was a post that I may have missed. Did someone find a dovetail mount that the Garmin could use to mount in the bridgelock on the V3X? @tntrker