Mature Buck Antler Growth Rate?

Rizzy

WKR
I have never had the opportunity to watch a Mature buck enough to see what the growth rate of his antlers where. Has anyone done this, is there any consistent correlation? How much growth should there be by June.

I have found a few Bucks that are out to their ears, seems safe to say these are the 3+ year olds at this point.

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 54

Eagle

WKR
With whitetails I know if varies greatly, some are early developers and some late, similar to humans. I don't really think you can put any kind of correlation on them in regards to how big they should be by June 15th or July 1st. Best advice I can give on growth and potential is that as long as a point is black and bulbous, it is still growing; when a point or beam is no longer blackish in color, and no longer rounded as it was previously (like the eye guards on that last pic of yours), it has finished growing.

Edit to add that the bases will give you a great indication of what the buck is capable of as well. Large bases allow more blood flow and as a result, more growth. Smaller bases of course are the opposite.