Mature buck, what's he score?

Heartshot

FNG
I don't know much about scoring deer, but I had someone suggest that I get my deer measured. Is this guy worth going through that process?
Notes: longest inside spread I could get was 22", eyeguards may be 1+" but will be close (right side broken), very symmetrical except that the left side G3? is missing, decent mass through and through but not great. I'll have a better idea when I pickup the mount.

Also, a little background of the hunt. Drew a late season archery tag. Rut was on, first morning saw a buck bird doggin a couple of does on an opposing ridge. Did my best to get over there and put a stalk on, but he gave me the slip. Second day evening, still hunted along that ridge without any action until close to dusk when I glassed up 2 bucks competing for a doe. Not enough daylight to make a play. Next evening went out with a well thought out plan and it worked, but with some improv. My buddy glassed from the ridge and I went to the ridge where I had seen the 2 bucks. However, we couldn't locate them or any deer there. With about 20 minutes till dark he spotted a buck, on the 3rd ridge neither one of us were on and I had to make the decision to stay or try and make a play on this deer. I went for it, down, around and up I went. Everything an archery deer hunter has to take into consideration worked and I got to him and a few does at 60 yards with 5 minutes of light left. Felt confident, and let an arrow fly followed by a solid thwack and a mule kick. Deer made it about 20 yards before sliding into a steep draw. 94 lbs hanging.

Attachments

• 20201022_190536.jpg
    20201022_190536.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 298
  • 20201022_190509.jpg
    20201022_190509.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 282

brn2hnt

WKR
Great buck.

Net Scoring system will not be kind to him based on G2/G3.

Big deduction on G2 I’m thinking and G3 basically won’t count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCB

WKR
Great buck.

Net Scoring system will not be kind to him based on G2/G3.

Big deduction on G2 I’m thinking and G3 basically won’t count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nets are for fishing

I'd say 125ish-130

MattB

WKR
He'll probably gross in the mid-high 120's and net right around 120".

OG10

FNG
nice buck don't stress over score there Is plenty of information on both Pope and young and Boone and Crockett website a piece of string a ruler or tape measure and you will have a rough idea very simple math good luck and congratulations

171farm

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if you score them the same as a whitetail but he’s not gonna get a lot from mass. A few tines have some length to them but there are deductions. Sometimes putting tape to a deer disappoints. I’d say after deductions 120’s

OP
H

Heartshot

FNG
Got my mount, very pleased. I quickly measured the antlers with some thread and the B&C online scoring page... so my measurement is not completely accurate.

Gross 127" net 120"

Attachments

• 20210405_131133.jpg
    20210405_131133.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 34

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I don't know much about scoring deer, but I had someone suggest that I get my deer measured. Is this guy worth going through that process?
Notes: longest inside spread I could get was 22", eyeguards may be 1+" but will be close (right side broken), very symmetrical except that the left side G3? is missing, decent mass through and through but not great. I'll have a better idea when I pickup the mount.

Also, a little background of the hunt. Drew a late season archery tag. Rut was on, first morning saw a buck bird doggin a couple of does on an opposing ridge. Did my best to get over there and put a stalk on, but he gave me the slip. Second day evening, still hunted along that ridge without any action until close to dusk when I glassed up 2 bucks competing for a doe. Not enough daylight to make a play. Next evening went out with a well thought out plan and it worked, but with some improv. My buddy glassed from the ridge and I went to the ridge where I had seen the 2 bucks. However, we couldn't locate them or any deer there. With about 20 minutes till dark he spotted a buck, on the 3rd ridge neither one of us were on and I had to make the decision to stay or try and make a play on this deer. I went for it, down, around and up I went. Everything an archery deer hunter has to take into consideration worked and I got to him and a few does at 60 yards with 5 minutes of light left. Felt confident, and let an arrow fly followed by a solid thwack and a mule kick. Deer made it about 20 yards before sliding into a steep draw. 94 lbs hanging.
Scores are great, as a tool for my hunting buddy and I to be able to discuss which buck of the two we are looking at has more antler. However, at the end of the day I don't care as much about score as I do overall mature look. I have ZERO experience judging that on your buck, but just want to say congrats! Nice buck!