WTB Mauser 35 Whelen

iowawhitetailnut

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I hope this is the right place to post this. I have been looking for a 35 Whelen and locally came across a used Mauser what I believe is factory chambered in 35 Whelen. I really don't know anything about the Mausers and I don't see any engravings or anything indicating a model number. The rifle appears to have some age on it but be in really nice condition. The stock is not very fancy and it is possible that the wood has been refinished but I am not certain because I don't know what it looked like originally. It has a gold and silver star embedded onto the bottom of the grip. Serial number is 18932c. I am trying to figure out what model this is and ultimately what is should be worth. I would greatly appreciate any help that anybody can give me. Thank you.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Based upon what you've posted, I doubt very seriously that it is a factory chambered 35 Whelen.. If it is, it would be the first I've ever heard of and I seen/owner several.. I have a 35 now that is built on a 98 Mauser action.. You will find many chambered from the factory on 30/06.. Since the 35 is just a necked up 30/06 many have been rebarreled and chambered in 35 Whelen.. If you have any photos you could post with any identifying markings it will help to identify it. Many of the Mausers are fine actions and worth putting a new barrel on it, there are a lot of factors to consider.. Dealing with the Mausers is a science unto itself...Post some photos and lets see what you have..