Maven 15x56 vs meostar 15x56?

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
I demoed a set of the Maven 15 X 56 before I purchased my Meostars. The optics in the Maven were excellent, but in my opinion just a step below the Meoptas. The ergonomics of the Maven absolutely did not work for my face. The eyepieces were exceptionally large and pinched my nose. I know there is a redesign of the eyepieces that should fix the issue, but I still think the Meoptas have the better optics by a touch.

jhayes6405

Lil-Rokslider
I demoed a set of the Maven 15 X 56 before I purchased my Meostars. The optics in the Maven were excellent, but in my opinion just a step below the Meoptas. The ergonomics of the Maven absolutely did not work for my face. The eyepieces were exceptionally large and pinched my nose. I know there is a redesign of the eyepieces that should fix the issue, but I still think the Meoptas have the better optics by a touch.

Same here, eyecups are terrible. Love my current meostars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the Leupold bx5 15x56 compare to either the meo or maven? Im in shop for a set of 15s and being as they will get used every weekend I want quality. I feel like I will be happy not spending Swarovski money and giving up what seems to be some low light capability by getting something in the 1200 ish dollar range.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
This is second hand information, so take it for what it's worth, but I trust the guy that I spoke with. He had a set of the Leupold BX5 15 X 56's and sold them. He got a special deal on them, old employee of Leupold, but did not care for them enough that he sold them and bought something else. That's all the information I have heard on them.

WRO

WKR
This is second hand information, so take it for what it's worth, but I trust the guy that I spoke with. He had a set of the Leupold BX5 15 X 56's and sold them. He got a special deal on them, old employee of Leupold, but did not care for them enough that he sold them and bought something else. That's all the information I have heard on them.

I spoke to a few guy's who have ran them, no one has been very impressed..

Does the Leupold bx5 15x56 compare to either the meo or maven?

I spent some time comparing 15x56s at the Outdoorsmans a while back. I disliked the Leupolds more than any other 15s in that price range that they carried apart from the Vortex Kaibabs.

The Meostar HDs are quite nice. The Maven B4s aren't my favorite but supposedly Maven is coming out with a new 56mm set of binos that are much better.